We’re down to 10 days till St. Nick visits our homes, so how else to celebrate the countdown but with the 12 days of Christmas in Lake County.
Let’s be honest people, a collection of drummers drumming, pipers piping, lords leaping, ladies dancing, maids milking, swans swimming, geese laying, golden rings, calling birds, french hens, turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree seem a little excessive.
I mean, just think of the mess and racket those persons, places and things would make. It is doubtful however that people would turn down five golden rings – sounds like you just made bank.
However, for the purpose of the holiday season, the hit song and just good ole fashioned fun, let’s see what we can get on the 12 days of Christmas in Lake County.
On the 12 Days of Christmas, Lake County Gave to Me…
On the 1st day of Christmas Lake County gave to me; The worlds’ tallest, fastest, steepest wooden coaster in the land.
- In 2015, Goliath, a Six Flags Great America in Gurnee coaster received accolades from the Guinness Book of World Records. Continue here to learn more.
On the 2nd day of Christmas Lake County gave to me; Two spots for splashing
On the 3rd day of Christmas Lake County gave to me; Three resorts for relaxing
- Illinois Beach State Park Resort in Zion
- Marriott Lincolnshire Resort
- KeyLime Cove WaterPark Resort in Gurnee
On the 4th day of Christmas Lake County gave to me; Four malls for shopping
On the 5th day of Christmas Lake County gave to me; Five haunted houses
- Five different houses at Six Flags Great America’s Fright Fest
- Dungeon of Doom in Zion
- Realm of Terror Haunted House in Round Lake Beach
- The Kill on Old Mill in Lake Zurich
- Terror at the Bay Haunted House in Mundelein
On the 6th day of Christmas Lake County gave to me; Six stories in the Gold Pyramid
- Gold Pyramid House in Wadsworth
On the 7th day of Christmas Lake County gave to me; Seven Lake County Colleges
- University of St. Mary of the Lake in Mundelein
- College of Lake County in Grayslake
- Trinity International University in Deerfield
- Lake Forest College
- Rosalind Franklin University in North Chicago
- Barat College in Lake Forest
- University Center of Lake County in Grayslake
On the 8th day of Christmas Lake County gave to me; Eight stages for show tunes
- Marriott Theatre in Lincolnshire
- Citadel Theatre Company in Lake Forest
- Genesee Theatre in Waukegan
- Jack Benny Center for the Arts in Waukegan
- James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts at the College of Lake County in Grayslake
- P.M.&L. Theatre in Antioch
- Three Bros. Theatre in Waukegan
- Cultural & Civic Center of Round Lake Beach
On the 9th day of Christmas LakeCounty gave to me – Nine Historic Mansions
- Cuneo Mansion and Gardens in Vernon Hills
- Adlai E. Stevenson Historical Home in Libertyville
- Ansel B. Cook House in Libertyville
- The Sanfilippo Estate in Barrington
- Shiloh House in Zion
- Gold Pyramid House in Wadsworth
- Wandering Tree Estate in North Barrington
- Mother Rudd House and Museum in Gurnee
- Lehmann Mansion in Lake Villa
On the 10th day of Christmas Lake County gave to me; 10 hills for tubing
- Wilmot Mountain
- Old School Forest Preserve
- Century Park Sled Hill
- Wadsworth Sled Hill near Village Hall
- Hart’s Hill
- Paulus Park
- Lake Villa Sled Hill at Caboose Hill
- Blair Park in Lake Bluff
- Keith Mione Community Park and Sports Complex
- Warren Township Sled Hill
Continue here for more about tubing and sledding locations.
On the 11th day of Christmas Lake County gave to me; 11 brews a-brewing
- Mickey Finn’s Brewery in Libertyville
- Half Day Brewery in Lincolnshire
- Wild Onion Brewery in Barrington
- Bosacki’s Home Brewery in Mundelein
- Only Child Brewing in Gurnee
- Zumbier in Waukegan
- Tighthead Brewing Company in Mundelein
- Side Lot Brewery in Wauconda
- Prairie Kraft Brewing Company in Buffalo Grove
- Light the Lamp Brewery in Grayslake
- Lake Bluff Brewing Co.
On the 12th Day of Christmas Lake County gave to me; More than 12 lakes to play in (Actually it’s over 70 Lakes)
- Lake Michigan
- Chain O’ Lakes
- Bangs Lake
- Bluff Lake
- Antioch Lake
- Minear Lake
- Diamond Lake
- Island Lake
- Slocum Lake
- Gages Lake
- Fox Lake
Continue here to go to our boating website. It will give you a complete rundown of every lake in Lake County.
Sooooo let’s go from the top: On the 12th Day of Christmas Lake County gave to me; More than 12 lakes to play in, 11 breweries a-brewin’, 10 hills for tubing, 9 historic mansions, 8 staging show tunes, 7 Lake County Colleges, 6 Pyramid House stories, 5 haunted houses, 4 malls for shopping, three resorts to relax in, 2 splashing spots and a partridge in a pear tree…
and the world’s largest, fastest, steepest, wooden coaster in the land!
To find other things going on during the holiday season in Lake County, continue here.
Happy Holidays as we celebrate 12 days of Christmas in Lake County!