Treat dad with one of these 24 ways to celebrate Father’s Day in Lake County.
There are many ways you can show your dad how much you love them: a homemade card, a piece of his favorite pie from one of the farmer’s markets, plan a golf outing or watch the pros do it by scoring him some tickets to the KPMG Women’s PGA Championship.
Whatever it is you do for Papa Smurf day, they’d probably appreciate if you didn’t get them a commander in chef or a grillmaster apron.
Here are 24 ways to celebrate Father’s Day in Lake County. All of the events run from June 15-17.
- The National Museum of the American Sailor features an exhibit called Navy Tails that tells the story of our four-legged seamen. INFO»
- Who doesn’t love a BBQ buffet? Devour brats, brews, dogs, pulled pork at Lindy’s Landing while basking in the refreshing wind from the lake. INFO»
- Watch Lake County’s trustiest steeds at Tempel Farms trot off to their 60th season. INFO»
- Take the time machine back to the good old days as you and dad can reminisce the past at Zion’s Nostalgia Days. INFO»
- Gone fishing? Cast your bait in a free catch and release pond at Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World. INFO»
Calling all ages! Sign up now for the Cardboard Regatta! Featured event at the Beach Bash on Diamond Lake Beach on June 16th! Hurry limited cardboard and tape available! #mundelein #mundeleinmoms #mundeleinparks #mundeleinparksandrec #mundeleinparkdistrict #parkdistrict #cardboardregatta #diamondlakebeach #diamondlake #beachbash #lakecounty
- Create the swiftest and most creative vessel on Diamond Lake with dad and compete in the Mundelein Cardboard Regatta. The village’s park district are also hosting a beach bash and ninja competition. Register by June 9. RACE»/BASH»
- Challenge dad to a game of golf at one of Lake County’s many courses. INFO»
- Gaze upon an array of art mediums at ArtWauk while walking down historic Genesee Street in Waukegan with daddy long legs. INFO»
- Force dad to go on one of the many carnival rides at Libertyville’s biggest party of the year: Libertyville Days. INFO»
- Doesn’t dad always say he never gets the biggest steak for dinner? Not this time. Treat dad to a 35 oz prime tomahawk of Fleming’s Steakhouse’s three-course meal. INFO»
- Pop may be behind the times, but you can never turn down an old-fashioned with him at North Shore Distillery. Try the Green Oaks drinkery’s other spirits and take dad out on the facility’s tour. INFO»
- “Take it easy” at Ravinia Festival in Highland Park while hearing the traditional tunes from Jackson Browne. INFO»
- Fine wine enthusiasts should visit for a two-day sip fest along the shores of Lake Michigan at the Midwest Wine Festival in Waukegan. The vino and eats are all Illinois-made. INFO»
- Peruse Antioch’s Summer Arts & Crafts Faire and then visit Wizards Weekend to see if dad is magical, muggle or squib. FAIRE»/W.W.»
- Want to know the dill? Side by side, you and dad, can learn the 411 about the sport of pickleball at Hunt Club Park. INFO»
- Witness a legend with the old timer as Chicago’s-own Buddy Guy shreds his ax at Ravinia Festival. INFO»
- What better way than to treat dad out with a beautiful brunch spread? The menu at Lambs Farm is seriously loaded to make your pops feast like a king. INFO»
- Sip a cocktail or wine and munch on cheese with dad while enjoying the tunes of Good Clean Fun at Copper Fiddle Distillery in Lake Zurich. INFO»
- Treat father time to a juicy steak at Wildfire in Lincolnshire for dad’s day. INFO»
- Use a GPS to find hidden clues along our trails, shoot a bow and arrow, build shelters in the woods, and work together to build a fire at Highland Park’s Heller Nature Center. It’s a Father’s Day Family Adventure! INFO»
- Take the Mardi Gras Hangover challenge, Six Flags Great America’s newest and largest looping coaster in the world and the other 15 thrill rides for Father’s Day. INFO»
- Naturalist Stacy Iwanicki leads a Shovelful of Earth tour at Volo Bog State Natural Area: Illinois lone quaking bog. INFO»
- A little bit of brew, a little bit of brunch and a beautiful scenic view of Lake Michigan at Illinois Beach Resort’s Lakeside Restaurant in Zion. INFO»
- Recline and relax and listen to the folk sounds of Chris Vallillo and Ted Geise at Grayslake Grayslake Heritage Center & Museum. INFO»
For other ways to celebrate Father’s Day in Lake County, click here.