It’s nearly February 14, which is everyone’s favorite day to express their undying love for their significant other. Spend your Valentine’s Day in Lake County.
Lake County has dozens of dinner deals, hotel packages and other unique events going on to show that special someone you care about everyone’s favorite Hallmark holiday.
To start our list of 30 ideas for Valentine’s Day in Lake County 2018, let’s think of a few of our favorite corny love songs. Tremendously lousy love songs can always bring a smile to your significant other’s face (or they’ll provide you with the perpetual eye roll).
Start your day with off with a crescendoing “I Will Always Love You,” by Whitney Houston. After you’ve showered your beau in flowers, recite a passage from “Achy Breaky Heart.” After you two have finished lunch, exclaim the words from the genius Rick Astley because you are “Never Gonna Give You Up.” As night falls, you head to an eatery of their choice while humming “Can You Feel The Love Tonight.” by Elton John.
So before scrambling to find your plans for the day’s festivities, we’ve made your life a little more manageable as we list 30 ideas for Valentine’s Day in Lake County.
30 ideas for Valentine’s Day in Lake County
- Listen to the sounds of Blues Double Bill, Howard & the White Boys and Wayne Baker Brooks at the Round Lake Beach Cultural and Civic Center. 2/17 INFO>>
- Enjoy the delicious eats of Marriott Resort’s Three Embers and a deluxe room, overnight stay. 2/9-2/17 INFO>>
- Treat your sweetheart to the tastes of creative craft brews, scrumptious spirits and vibrant vinos on the Lake County Libation Trail. Ongoing. INFO>>
- Swing your partner, do-si-do at the Buckaroo Ball Daddy Daughter Dance at the Round Lake Beach Cultural Center. 2/10 INFO>>
- “Jump, Jive & Wail” with that special someone at the Sweetheart Dance hosted by Dress Up & Dance in Mundelein complemented with live tunes from Live Big Band. 2/10 INFO>>
- Test your teamwork at 60 to Escape at Gurnee Mills where you’ll have 60 minutes to discover codes, solve puzzles, open locks and find secret entrances, all to complete your mission and escape the room. Can you escape in time? INFO>>
Tonight is opening night for our production of Sex With Strangers. This timely, taut dramedy about love and fame in the age of social media, is among the top ten most produced plays in the United States. Written by Evanston native, Laura Eason, and directed by Evanston native, Scott Westerman, Sex with Strangers has been called “a tersely funny, sexy and ultimately sober dialectic on what we’re getting – and what we’re giving up – by plugging in 24/7, sexting, texting, streaming, whatever you’re into” (Cleveland Plain Dealer). For tickets and info visit the link in our bio Or call (847) 735 8554
- Citadel Theatre in Lake Forest stages the perfect show for Valentine’s Day. This dramadie entitled “Sex With Strangers” a twist, modern two-character drama about lust, love and the complex nature of identity in our digital dominated era. Through 3/4 INFO>>
- Luck be a lady (and/or laddy) as Potawatomi Hotel & Casino offers a dining special for you and your valentine as well as plenty of games to try and boost your bank account funds. 2/14 INFO>>
- Create your “Lady and the Tramp” moment with noodles and a three-course meal at Big Bowl in Lincolnshire. 2/9-2/14 INFO>>
- Little tikes ages three-eight years old can do a jig with dad at the Sullivan Community Center’s: Just the Two of Us Father/Daughter Dance in Vernon Hills. 2/9 INFO>>
- Grab some grub at Wilmot Mountain’s Walt’s Tavern as they feature their Valentine’s Day special menu. 2/14 INFO>>
- Your kiddies can make the perfect V-Day gifts at Lambs Farm’s Sweets for Sweetie in Libertyville. 2/10 INFO>>
- ‘Something tells me,’ “I’m Into Something Good,” as you and your loved one hear the sounds of Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone at Genesee Theatre in Waukegan. 2/15 INFO>>
- Bring your favorite print or photo to the Chicago Botanic Garden and create a 10 x 14-inch plexiglass panel and mosaic glass. 2/8-2/27 INFO >>
- Go out for supper at the Karma Pub in Mundelein as their dinner offer features a champagne toast, a prix fixe four-course meal for $70 per couple. 2/14 INFO>>
- Find the kid in you and share a sled with your significant other on one of the top 10 Lake County sledding hills. All winter INFO>>
- Stroll, look and love as you scour through different art mediums at ArtWauk in Waukegan. 2/17 INFO>>
- Witness a show based on a couple of rodents who suffer from visual impairment, and “See How They Run” at the PM&L Theatre in Antioch. Through 2/11 INFO>>
- Complain and Wine about Winter on MainStreet Libertyville as you taste multiple different flavors of divine vino. 2/17 INFO>>
- Enjoy a delectable complement of seafood and steak with your partner in crime at Fleming’s Steakhouse. 2/9-2/18 INFO>>
- Explore the wonder and acrobatics of Cirque Zuma Zuma, the ultimate African circus at the James Lumber Center in Grayslake. 2/17 INFO>>
- Sail away with the wife or husband as Dennis DeYoung is “Rockin’ the Paradise” at Genesee Theatre in Waukegan. 2/10 INFO>>
- Shake off those winter blues with your sugar pie at Carmel High School’s Street Scenes featuring live entertainment, casinos, delicious eats and so much more. 2/9-2/10. INFO>>
- Hear the tight harmonies and view the smooth choreography of Shades of Buble at Waukegan’s historic Genesee Theatre. 2/17 INFO>>
- Visit Round Lake Beach Civic Center for a night of dinner, libations and murder at the Bye Bye Bucca: A Valentine’s Murder. 2/17 INFO>>
- Start a flame of your own as you take your bae out to munch on the juicy steaks and divine spirits at Wildfire Restaurant in Lincolnshire. 2/9-2/18 INFO>>
- You and your darling can go together like catfish and winter fun at the Chain O’ Lakes Fishing Derby and Winter Festival in Antioch. 2/10-2/11 INFO>>
Bursting with pageantry, emotion, and hope… Ragtime is NOW PLAYING through March 18! Experience one of the most epic musicals to ever take place on our stage, with a glorious cast, music that will astound you, and an incredibly moving American story. For tickets and more information, visit MarriottTheatre.com/Ragtime today! #Chicago #ChicagoTheatre #ragtime #nowplaying
- Catch a show (“Ragtime: The Musical), dinner and a nightcap at the Marriott Lincolnshire Resort and Marriott Theatre in Lincolnshire. Through 3/31 INFO>>
- You might as well embrace winter the best way you and your significant other can by taking on Wilmot Mountain by ski, snowboard or tube. The slopes 80th Birthday on February 10 features winter fun, fireworks and live tunes. 2/10 INFO>>
- Popping the big question? Make your plans to jump the broom at the Wedding, Mitzvah & Party Showcase at Viper Alley in Lincolnshire. 2/11 INFO>>
For more ideas for Valentines Day in Lake County, continue here.