Show Papa Smurf how much you care by using one of these 30+ ways to treat dad to a happy Father’s Day in Lake County.
Here are many ways you can show your dad how much you love them: a homemade card, a piece of his favorite pie from one of the farmer’s markets, take flight at Extreme Flight Simulation or challenge to a putt off at Par-King Skill Golf or Kristof’s Entertainment Center.
With the state of the public health crisis, you might have been able to find the proper gift for him. However, a slew of things will open up if Illinois is in good standing to launch Phase 4 Restore Illinois next weekend.
Whatever it is you do for Papa Bear day, they’d probably appreciate if you didn’t get them a commander in chef or a grillmaster apron.
Here are 30+ ways to treat dad to a happy Father’s Day in Lake County.
- Challenge dear old dad to face off on the links or play a game of scramble at the Crane’s Landing at Marriott Lincolnshire Resort. Stay for some eats as The Grill at Crane’s Landing reopens for foodies. INFO»
- If you’re not home, plan a Zoom call with dad and let Mary’s little lamb bomb your convo during Lambs Farm in Liberytyville’s Meet the Herd. INFO»
- Daddy Warbucks can’t make it to the Sunshine State? Lake County does one better by throwing a Key West Fest at Blarney Island in Antioch. INFO»
- If you question your adult likability, challenge dad to a putt off for bragging rights at Par-King Miniature Golf in Lincolnshire. INFO»
- Take a stroll with pops on the scenic and beautiful outside of the trail of Chicago Botanic Garden. While parking is sold out, if you can walk to the facility, you can still enter the Glencoe sanctuary. INFO»
- Get dad his wings as he takes his frequent flyer miles on with Extreme Flight Simulation in the Gurnee facility’s NG737 simulator. The attraction’s opening date is July 2. INFO»
- North Shore Distillery in Green Oaks throws their Midsommar Celebration on Lake County’s longest day of the year featuring succulent spirits and other festivities alfresco style. INFO»
- Experience broadway shows form the comfort of your car at Gorton Community Center in Lake Forest, as Citadel Theatre’s past performers provide an hour of musical hits from hit presentations. INFO»
- Give dad the barbecue delight compliments of LIndy’s Landing for alfresco dine-in, curbside pickup or delivery. INFO»
- Work off those quarantine pounds with pappy in Mundelein Park District’s Virtual Freedom Classic 5K to be completed between July 1 and July 5. Registration ends June 21. INFO»
- Vino sets the Father’s Day into the chill mode. Vigneto del Bino in Antioch is offering outside wine tastings and no contact curbside pickup all weekend. When you buy two bottles or more, you can receive a 15 percent discount. INFO»
- Peruse the local eats of Lake County’s farmers markets, especially if dad is a pie lover. INFO»
- Test your teamwork at 60 to Escape at Gurnee Mills, where you’ll have 60 minutes to discover codes, solve puzzles, open locks, and find secret entrances all to complete your mission and escape the room. Can you escape in time? The Gurnee room isn’t open yet but will reopen in Phase 4. INFO»
- Don’t let your starman wait in the sky. Take astronaut dad on a space oddity at David Brighton’s tribute to David Bowie this September at Genesee Theatre along with two other tribute series. INFO»
- Take a long self-guided walking tour around the streets of Highland Park to see historical sites. INFO»
- Bring the creator out in dad and sketch a chalk art mural on your driveway if you’re a Lake Zurich resident. You could win a prize. INFO»
View this post on Instagram
The @lake.county.fairgrounds.il and @Duff.Entertainment just announced the #Chicagoland area’s first series of drive-in concerts: Carpool Concerts running June 25-28. #LetsGoLakeCounty 🎵 🎧 🎸. . . #grayslake #concerts #carpoolconcert #lakecountyil #music #sixteencandles #americanenglish #musicmakesthepeoplecometogether #boybandreview #trippinbillies #infinity #southernaccents
- Take dance to ride around in your automobile, where your destination will be Carpool Concert Tours at the Lake County Fairgrounds next weekend, June 25-28. INFO»
- FORE! Challenge dad to a game of golf at one of Lake County’s many courses. INFO»
- There’s no need for dad to grill this weekend. Contact Disotto Italian in Highwood or Francesca’s Intimo in Lake Forest to ‘cue some steaks. Or visit either of the two eateries for alfresco dining. INFO»
- Make your tee time at Kristof’s Entertainment Center and World of Fun in Round Lake Beach to putt past pops. However, you really need practice if your ball gets waterlogged. INFO»
- While you can’t see the stallions dance this year, you can provide daddio tickets for open-air walking tours at the Tempel Lipizzans. INFO»
View this post on Instagram
- Unsure of what to get for father time? Maggiano’s Little Italy in Vernon Hills has a bundle deal serving four that includes pasta, meatballs, salad, veggies, cheesecake and free lemon cookies. Bon appétit! INFO»
- Get dad into the glassblowing business as Peter Patterson Glassworks in Mundelein are booking appointments to create décor, mugs, light bulbs and more. Classes are only by appointment only currently. INFO»
- Say hello to a slew of critters on Wildlife Discovery Center’s outdoor path in Lake Forest like bobcats, owls, eagles, reptiles, their newest little buddy named Oliver the opossum and so many more. INFO»
View this post on Instagram
@halfdaybrewing – Barrel Aged Warrior Paint Imperial Coffee Stout: Appearance – 4.25 Aroma – 4.25 Taste – 4.25 Mouthfeel – 4 Overall – 4.25 #feezybrews #craftbeer #beerporn #beer #craftbeerporn #beerstagram #instabeer #photooftheday #instagood #instadaily #bestoftheday #untappd #properglassware #beertography #photography #hazyipa #beernerd #beergeek #hazefordays #hazefordayz #juicebomb #pastrystout #beermail #beertrade #chicago #drinklocal
- Show dad how much of a warrior he is as he takes down a pack off the Lake County Libation of the Month: Half Day Brewing Co.’s Barrel-Aged Warrior Paint Imperial Coffee Stout in Lincolnshire. They also have a $15 Wings & Beer Pack on Father’s Day. INFO»
- You know dad is a sucker for the sweets. That’s why Tony Cannoli’s Specialty Pastries in Mundelein is the perfect gift for that special guy in your life. INFO»
- Allow the grill chef to take five this year as the Onion Pub and Brewery in Lake Barrington provides a special for the entire family. Make your preorders at onionpub.com. INFO»
For other things to do this Father’s Day in Lake County, click here.