The first weekend in May has rolled around, and guess what that means? It’s time for the Long Grove Chocolate Fest again! Chocolate Fest is a family-friendly opportunity to taste various types of chocolates, visit art galleries and other shops in Long Grove’s unique business district, and listen to live music throughout the day.
Chocolate Fest began on Friday, May 3, and ran through Sunday, May 6. Admission is $5 per person, and children under 12 years are free. With the $5 admission, guests receive a $5 coupon off their next visit to Long Grove on behalf of the Long Grove Business and Community Partners Organization. In addition, guests can purchase a $5 chocolate tasting ticket that allows them to choose six different items to taste from vendors across the festival. Visitors snacked on delectable goodies throughout the day, including chocolate BBQ bacon burgers, chocolate-covered cannoli, chocolate martinis, chocolate baklava, chocolate balsamic vinegar, and chocolate chip cookie dough lattes. Yum!
The business district of Long Grove is located at Old McHenry Road and Robert Parker
Coffin Road, north of Route 53 and west of Route 83. A map of the shopping area is available here. For more information about the Long Grove Chocolate Fest, please call the Visitor’s Information Center at (847) 634-0888.
Missed the Long Grove Chocolate Fest? Here’s a look at just a few of the festivals
happening in Lake County this summer:
- May 9-12 – Antioch’s Civic Spring Carnival in Downtown Antioch
- June 1 – Art in the Park in Lehmann Park, Lake Villa
- May 30 – June 2 – Winthrop Harbor Summer Fair in Village Park
- June 13-16 – Libertyville Days Festival in Downtown Libertyville
- June 21-23 – Long Grove Strawberry Fest in Long Grove Historic Village
- June 27-30 – BeachFest at Cultural & Civic Center of Round Lake Beach
- June 27-30 – Wauconda Fest in Cook Park
- June 28-30 – Highwood Summerfest at Everts Park
- July 3-7 – Mundelein Community Days in Downtown Mundelein
- July 28-21 – Vernon Hills Summer Celebration at Century Park
- July 19-21 – Alpine Fest at Lion Fred Blau Park in Lake Zurich
- July 24-28 – Lake County Fair at Lake County Fairgrounds, Grayslake
- July 26-28 – Taste of Lincolnshire at Village Green
- August 8-11 – Gurnee Days Celebration at Viking Park
- August 14 – Garlic Fest at City Hall, Highwood
- August 16-17 – Grayslake Summer Days in Municipal Parking Lot, Grayslake