- Toukie’s New Year’s Eve Beach Party. Ride a wave into the New Year with the only beach party in Northeastern Illinois. The KeyLime Cove package includes an island-inspired suite or stateroom, admission to Lost Paradise Indoor Waterpark, New Year’s Eve dinner buffet, New Year’s Day breakfast buffet and much more! 1700 Nations Drive, Gurnee.
- New Year’s Eve All-Nighter for Kids. Libertyville Sports Complex introduces the 1st Annual New Year’s Eve All-Night Party for 5th-8th graders. This is a fun, safe, supervised up all night event including sports, DJ, dancing, movies, video games, a climbing wall and a big midnight countdown. Food, snacks and drinks included. Bring a sleeping bag. Libertyville Sports Complex, 1950 N. Highway 45, Libertyville.
- New Year’s Eve at Mickey Finns. Buy tickets now for the New Year’s Eve package in the Amber Room. Tickets sold in advance $60 or $75 at the door. Includes entry, open bar from 9pm to 1am, heavy appetizers, and champagne toast. Live music provided by our buddies from Samadhi Vibe. Mickey Finn’s Brewery, 412 N. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville.
- Winter Wonderland Holiday Light Show. Drive through Northern Illinois’ largest holiday light show featuring animated displays and stunning holiday decorations in Vernon Hills. Open all week from 6-10 p.m. on the grounds of Cuneo Mansion. Ends on Monday, December 31st. Enter from Lakeview Prkwy.
- 14th Annual Polar Bear Plunge. Start the New Year off with a splash or watch from the sidelines! Starting 10 a.m. on January 1st, the first 500 people taking the plunge will receive an event shirt. Food, hot chocolate and Polar Bear hats will be sold on site. Aqua shoes or other footwear is required. Cost is $10 in advance and $15 the day of the plunge. Waukegan Municipal Beach, 201 Sea Horse Drive, Waukegan.
More weekend and New Year’s Eve activities can be found at VisitLakeCounty.org.