It’s the last week of the year, the kids are off of school and The holidays are upon us and there is plenty to keep your out of town guests and family busy this holiday season!
- If you are still looking to pick up any last minute gifts Gurnee Mills Mall is open until 10pm all week and until 6pm on Christmas Eve. Westfield Hawthorn in Vernon Hills also has extended hours this week as they are open until 11pm during the week and 6pm on Christmas Eve. Here is a video that showcases all of the new stores at Westfield Hawthorn.
- Santa’s Enchanted Castle in Antioch is open through Friday, December 23 and located on Toft Street. The Enchanted Castle is where dreams come true and children can share their dearest wishes for the holidays. Visits with Santa are always free!
- Put on your dancing shoes and join Mickey Finns in Libertyville for their annual Festivus celebration this Friday night in the Amber Room. It will be a jam packed night of music from Seven Pine Circle and Old Soul Company.
- If you have yet to pick out your Christmas tree, Richardson Farm is open through Saturday, December 24. Take a wagon ride out to the trees; enjoy freshly made donuts and hot chocolate. At the beginning of the season they were growing over 50,000 trees, you are sure to find the perfect one for your family.
- Don’t know what to make for Christmas Dinner? Leave the cooking to someone else this year. There are several restaurants that will be serving delicious meals on December 25 including, The Country Squire, David’s Bistro in Antioch and Timothy O’Toole’s in Gurnee.
Have a great holiday season and I hope to see you Enjoying the Ride around the Lake County! – Anthony