Today Six Flags Great America announces a new ride added their repertoire of thrill rides. The Gurnee theme park, Warner Bros Consumer Products and DC Entertainment made the announcement today in order to save the fictional city of Metropolis; the all-new 4D ride is called JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis.
The ride is located in the Southwest Territory. Participants who atteneded the press event received glowing bracelets and Batman or Superman capes. The ride is said to already be a success as it is in Six Flags in St. Louis and Texas.
The idea of the ride is to have passengers figure out a way to defeat Luthor and the Joker to save Metropolis.
- A 22,000 square foot HALL OF JUSTICE to house this full-sensory thrill ride
- A 4D ride experience with wind, fire, mist and fog effects, plus life-like animatronic characters
- A dramatic fight as the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team travels from laughing gas and flames in 10 high-intensity scenes.
- One of the first-ever virtual loops, giving riders the feeling of going head over heels
- High definition 3D animation that fully immerses riders into the city of Metropolis
- State of the art gaming elements
- Six-passenger vehicles with multi-degrees of freedom to transport riders through all the exciting twists and turns without limitation