‘Thar she blows.’
In Lake County, we have a nautical appetite. Maybe it’s because many of us fish for sport in over 75 lakes that Lake County has to offer. Or it’s just because seafood is absolutely delicious and nourishing.
There are an array of eateries participating in Lake County Restaurant Week that specialize in fish, shellfish and more. This is an especially good option for those of you that refrain from meat eating during Lent.
In this blog, forget everything you TROUT you REELY knew about everyFINgle Lake County Restaurant Week seafood PLAICE. You have the OP-PERCH-TUNA-ty to ex-SALMON and experience all of the aquatic bites you’ve been HERRING about with this guide of eats from down under (we promise we’re not FISHING for compliments with these SARDINELY excEELent seafood puns).
- Crab Cakes
- Asian Spiced BBQ Salmon
Beelows Northshore/Beelow’s Lake Zurich
- Tossed Calamari: Flash fried or grilled, tossed with capers, pepperoncini and parmesan cheese (served with crispy toast points).
- Horseradish Encrusted Tilapia: Oven baked, served on a bed of fresh horseradish cream sauce.
- Teriyaki Shrimp Fried Rice.
- BBQ Shrimp and Grits: BBQ spice rubbed, jumbo shrimp, sauteed baby spinach, smoked gouda grits and BBQ white wine butter sauce.
- Grilled Atlantic Salmon: Angel hair pasta, vegetables and champagne sauce.
- Mussels: Steamed with white wine and shallots; Pommes frites.
- Chessie’s Grilled Crab: Homemade crab salad, Swiss cheese and sprouts served on grilled panini bread.
- Cedar Planed Salmon: Fresh filet roasted on a cedar plank with honey bourbon sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables.
- Shrimp Palermo: Sauteed gulf shrimp, ground sausage, herbs and spices in a cream sauce over linguine.
- Chef’s Fresh Catch: Chef’s fresh fish served sauteed or blackened.
- Tropical Ahi Tuna: Fresh romaine and spring greens with medium rare ahi tuna, mango, avocado, tomatoes and onion topped with cilantro-ginger vinaigrette.
- Strawberry Salmon: Salmon lightly grilled, served on baby spinach with strawberries, slivered almonds, red onions and poppy seed dressing.
- Sweet Potato Crusted Salmon: Salmon filet, pineapple-papaya salsa and fresh vegetables.
- Parmesan Crusted Tilapia: Oven baked fillet, parmesan bread crumbs, citrus cream sauce with rice pilaf and vegetables.
- Crab Cake: Served over spring greens with pineapple-papaya salsa.
- Coconut Shrimp: Breaded jumbo gulf shrimp and apricot dipping sauce.
- Fried Calamari: Hand dipped in buttermilk batter, lightly fried with marinara dipping sauce.
- Fish & Chips: Lightly fried panko-crusted tilapia, tempura battered green beans.
- Three Ounce Cocoa-Nib Crusted Salmon: Orange zest, Israeli couscous with carrots, brussel sprouts and cocoa-candied bacon, citrus beurre blanc sauce.
- Branzino Della Casa: Wild sea bass, lemon, brown butter, capers and wilted baby spinach.
Seafood offered – Free dinner entrée with the purchase of the second entrée of equal or lesser value ($20 off) and free lunch entrée with the purchase of the second entrée of equal or lesser value ($10 off):
- Imported Dover Sole: House specialty, de-boned and served with amandine sauce.
- North Australian Lobster Tail: The king of the sea, broiled and served with drawn butter.
- Jumbo Shrimp Fettuccine: Gulf shrimp sautéed with virgin olive oil, tomato, garlic and herbs over fettuccine pasta.
- Lake Superior Whitefish Filet: Broiled and topped with amandine sauce.
- Crab and Corn Bisque: King crab, corn and cream.
- Blackened Salmon: Sauteed spinach and fingerling potatoes.
- Bacon Wrapped BBQ Shrimp or Sautéed Crab Cake.
- Alaskan King Crab Leg One-Half Pound or Coldwater Lobster Tail.
- Lobster Bisque: Lobster and scallions
- BBQ Scottish Salmon: Braised mushrooms, BBQ glaze and oil.
- Truffle-Poached Lobster Tail
Lake Forest, IL
- Linguine Mare E Monti: Sautéed with shrimp, shiitake mushrooms, garlic and white wine in a tomato basil sauce.
- Salmone Acqua Pazza: Roasted salmon with spicy cherry tomato sauce, capers, garlic and white wine over sautéed spinach.
Lake Zurich, IL
- Aragosta Martini: Grilled Lobster, citrus salsa and grapefruit vodka.
- Tonno Bolognaise Arancini: Tuna, marinara and risotto.
- Calamari Ripieni Alla Griglia: Crab, shrimp, panko, parsley, calabrian chili sauce.
- Spigola Cilena e Asparagi con Crema di Salsa di Porro: Chilean sea bass, asparagus, leeks and cream.
- Trio di Mini Insalate: Shrimp roll, lobster roll and smoked salmon artichoke.
- Chef’s Choice Fish of the Day.
- Caesar Salad: Traditional dressing, fresh parmesan, white anchovy and fresh garlic crouton.
- Linguini Roberto: Jumbo shrimp simmered with roma tomatoes, fresh herbs, garlic and a touch of white wine, finished with fresh mozzarella and aged Parmigiano cheese.
- Grilled Loch Duarte Salmon: Wild mushroom ravioli, tomato-olive relish and asparagus spears.
- Firecracker Shrimp
- Buffalo Calamari
- Fish with Avocado
- Seared Ahi Tuna: Blackened, cajun mustard dipping sauce.
- Smoked Salmon: Bagel chips, dill cream cheese, capers, onions.
- Crusted Halibut: Halibut filet, pistachio crust, rice cakes, coconut mango and cream sauce.
- Mussels: Nduja, charred tomatoes and saffron cream.
- Lobster Agnolotti: Ricotta, polenta, spicy lemon cream and blistered tomatoes.
- Char-Grilled Salmon: Eggplant Puree, pineapple-avocado salad and green harissa.
- One Pescado Taco: In the LCRW taco flight.
- Fish & Chips.
- Shakou Filet O’ Fish Sandwich.
- Green Dragon: Shrimp tempura, crab, cucumber and spicy mayo topped with avocado, unagi sauce, wasabi mayo and sesame seeds
- Ocean Drive: Tuna, yellow-tail, avocado, cilantro and green pepper wrapped in soy paper, topped with freshly squeezed lime juice and chili oil.
- Crunch: Spicy crab, cucumber and avocado topped with spicy seared tuna, unagi sauce and tempura crunch.
- Fire Cracker Shrimp.
- Chilean Sea Bass.
- Whiskey Shrimp: Four fresh jumbo shrimp flamed in Jack Daniels tarragon cream served over garlic toast points.
- Tequila Orange Wild Salmon: Fresh wild salmon glazed in tequila, orange juice, garlic and brown sugar served with jasmine rice and sautéed vegetables in organic olive oil.
Highwood and Wauconda, IL
- Tuna Poke: Pickled vegetables, wakame, toasted sesame, cucumber, lime, herbs and housemade crackers.
- Shrimp Pizza: Marinated shrimp, Calabrian chili, goat cheese, red onion preserved lemon and parsley.
- Fish Tacos
- Coconut Shrimp
- Seafood Pappardelle: Scallops, shrimp and lobster cream.
- Shrimp & Lobster Bisque: Shrimp, lobster, sherry and cream.
- Simply Prepared Fresh Fish: Served with citrus basil butter, garlic horseradish mashed potatoes and the chef’s local vegetable selection
- Wood Grilled Steelhead Salmon: Sweet potato, green peas, forest mushroom and lemon green tea.
- Shrimp & Crab Bisque.
- Fresh Fish of the Day.
- Cedar Planked Salmon.