You may have the blues that the holiday season is over. But snowflakes are falling, and you know what that means. Fun in the snow!
Don’t let the cool weather hibernate you for the winter, embrace the weather. There is ice skating, cross-country skiing, tubing and so much more in which we will have the 2016 Winter Guide for you in the upcoming week or so.
Here are some of the top things to do this weekend January 8-10.
- Show off your spirals, twizzles and jumps with the family at the North Park Ice Rink during
Lincolnshire Skate Night. Food Trucks will be serving delicious eats while there will also be winter treats available, i.e. hot chocolate, s’mores and free coffee. After you showcase your skills on the ice, to a look into the night sky as Johnny Rockets provides a firework display. The event is free admission. Makeup dates for the event are January 30 and February 6.
Saturday, January 9; 7-10 p.m. North Park Ice Rink, Everett & River Roads, Lincolnshire.
- With winter in full swing, Volo Auto Museum is featuring its Snowmobile Exhibit. The Volo Auto Museum will display a collection of snowmobiles dating as far back as 92 years ago. Visitors will see one-of-a-kind sleds found nowhere else in the world. The exhibit runs until April.
Friday-Sunday, January 8-10. Adult Admission: $14.95, Senior Admission: $12.95, Children Admission: $8.95, Volo Auto Museum, 27583 Volo Village Rd., Volo.
- Wilmot Mountain is making an attempt for the Guinness Book of World Records in conducting the World’s Largest Ski & Snowboard Lesson. If you are a novice-level skier and/or snowboarder, be a part of this potentially record-breaking event. A lift ticket is required and this must be a full-area ticket as part of the lesson will be going up the lifts, rentals and a group lesson.
Friday, January 8; 10 a.m. Wilmot Mountain, 11931 Fox River Rd., Wilmot, WI.
- Tis the season to be engaged. Congratulations on popping the big question. Now for the arduous task of preparing for the wedding. Imagine a full day of wedding planning, conveniently located, one-stop-shop for everything you need for the most important day of your life. It’s the largest Wedding Expo in Chicago and the suburbs. Wedding professionals are on hand to answer all of your wedding needs: from Chicago bridal salons to honeymoon travel specialists. Call Visit Lake County for help with venues, hotels and more.
Sunday, January 10; 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Holiday Inn Gurnee Convention Center, 6161 W. Grand Ave., Gurnee.
- A fifth show called Botanic Garden, written and produced by local playwright Todd Logan, will be offered for a two-week run along with Citadel’s mainstage season series. It’s Kate’s first date as a widow. She’s desperate to get out of it. There’s only one person who can help: Jake, her deceased husband.
Friday-Sunday, January 8-10; Admission $25. Citadel Theatre, 300 S. Waukegan Rd., Lake Forest.