We got a week full of Crosstown rivalry as the Cubs and the White Sox face off in the classic.
Here are your top things to do this weekend July 29-July31. Also Happy Birthday Bugs Bunny on July 27!
- For nearly a century, the Lake County Fair has created memories. Events at the 88th Annual Lake County Fair in Grayslake will include live entertainment, food vendors, live animals, carnival rides and games, motor crossing, demolition derby, flower show, Miss Lake County Pageant and so much more. Experience Visit Lake County Day is featured on the front porch stage to feature KeyLime Cove, Lambs Farm, WXLC 102.3 remote broadcast, trivia contest, Wildlife Discovery Center and an old fashioned pie eating contest hosted by Mike Caplan.
Wednesday-Sunday, July 27-31. Lake County Fairgrounds, 1060 E. Peterson Rd., Grayslake.
- If you haven’t heard of Buddy Guy – he’s a legend in the Chicago blues circle and across the entire world. The guitarist that got his start playing with the renowned artist Muddy Waters is bringing his talents just north of Cook County to play at Ravinia. Guy has influenced guitarists like Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page and a slew of others. The Rock n’ Roll Hall of Famer is joined by fellow two-time inductee Jeff Beck – who’s making his first graces to the storied stage in Highland Park.
Sunday, July 31; 7 p.m. Reserved seats: $100-130, Lawn Seats: $44, Lawn tickets increased $5 on day of show. Ravinia Festival, 200 Ravinia Park Rd., Highland Park
- This is the final weekend of The 8th Dwarf at Three Brother’s Theatre. Snow White paid a visit to the home of the dwarfs as the story goes. It turns out; the long-lost youngest dwarf’s life was forever changed upon Snow White’s visit. Take a journey down nostalgia lane and learn the unheard of plot twist to the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs fable.
Sunday, July 31; 2 p.m. Family tix: $10, Individual Tix: $5. Three Brother’s Theatre, 115 Genesee St., Waukegan.
- As the kiddies hate to admit, summer vacation is quickly coming to a close and school will soon be back in session. To get the brain motor jumped once again, head to the Lake County AuthorFest with the family. Meet New York Times Bestselling Author Andra Watkins and other authors this inaugural free admission event. AuthorFest provides families and readers a place to have fun outdoors with games, craft table children’s book readings, author presentations and live music by Deezguize. As many as 20 authors will be on site representing various authors.
Saturday, July 30; 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Round Lake Beach Cultural & Civil Center, 2007 Civic Center Way, Round Lake Beach.
- Witness history as the Stallions ballet is put on display at Tempel Farms in Old Mill Creek. The Tempel Lipizzans performance is set to classical music. Arrive at the farm early to grab a bite to eat before you see the horses syncopate in unison through their battle formations and exhibit their majestic technique. Follow the varying stages of the development and training of the Lipizzan horses, all set to classical music. Enjoy the story of young colts as they transform into Lipizzans. Watch an in-depth tour of these intelligent animals and their dwelling at visitlakecounty.org/livetours.
Sunday, July 31; 1 p.m. Tix at the door: Adult -$30, Vets and kids $20. Tempel Lipizzans, 17000 Wadsworth Rd., Old Mill Creek.