Easter, March Madness and Family sounds like a fantastic weekend to me. Plus some of the kiddies in Lake County are approaching their spring break, while some are sadly ending. See what you can do during Spring Break with your youngsters.
Check out and see what things to do this weekend March 25-27 in Lake County.
- What is better than a day with the family and good food? Enjoy Easter Brunch and an Egg Hunt at the Illinois Beach Resort in Zion. The resort will feature made-to-order omelets, carving stations, traditional and unique side dishes, salads, and dessert including chocolate dipped strawberries. Old Peter Cottontail, or the Easter Bunny is the guest of honor as he conducts egg hunts at 10 a.m., noon and 2 p.m. on his busies day of the year. Guests must have reservations for brunch and egg hunts.
Sunday, March 27; 9 a.m.-3p.m. Adult admission: $34.95, child 6-11: $15.95, child 3-5: $5.95, children 0-2: free. Illinois Beach Resort & Conference Center, 1 Lake Front Dr., Zion.
- It’s the final weekend of Three Brother’s Theatre in Waukegan show, Punk Grandpa. Grandpa who refuses to play by the rules inspires his 5 ¾ year-old granddaughter to live her life the same way. Through storytelling, music, home movies, dance, and photos this heartwarming play inspired by Laura’s family shows us inside the world of a little girl whose magical weekend with her fearless and hysterically funny Grandpa shaped and inspired her life.
Friday-Saturday, March 25-26; 8 p.m. Adult Admission: $20, Child and senior $15. Three Brothers Theatre, 115 Genesee St., Waukegan.
- The weather is finally not frightful, so you should celebrate the warm and beautiful weather in Illinois running through the Des Plaines River Trail at Independence Grove Forest Preserve. The Libertyville forest preserve is hosting the ‘Bunny Wabbit,’ Run and Easter egg hunt. The beautiful course features rolling hills, open prairies and lush green trees. The 200m Kids Dash starts at 8 a.m., while the 5k, 10k and half marathon starts at 8:30 a.m.
Saturday, March 26; 8 a.m. Independence Grove Forest Preserve, 16400 W. Buckley Rd., Libertyville.
- It’s never too early if your youngster has aspirations to be the next Gracie Gold. As Spring Break moves right along, Rinkside is hosting a clinic. Thumper’s Spring Break Learn to Skate Clinic is open to those ages three-to-12 years old. The class will have 30 minutes of instruction along with 15 minutes of free time. A public skate follows the clinic.
Saturday, March 26; 10:30-11:15 a.m. Admission $12. Rink Side Ice Arena, 6152 W. Grand Ave., Gurnee.
- In honor of Women’s History Month, join Great Lakes Naval Museum for a lecture entitled, “Great Lakes, Great Women.” This talk will explore the significant contributions of women to Naval Station Great Lakes who broke legal and civic barriers in the fight for inclusion and equality. Admission and parking are free.
Friday, March 25; 2-3 p.m. Great Lakes Naval Museum, 610 Farragut Ave., Bldg.42 Great Lakes.