Even though the record doesn’t show, we’re all going to join together to watch the Chicago Bears for Monday Night Football. Continue here to figure out places around Lake County to watch the Monsters of the Midway.
We also celebrate Veterans Day this week, and here is your guide to the day where we honor the men and woman who fight for freedom for our country.
There is always a want to unwind, and the weekend is the time to do just that. Besides all of the upcoming activities this weekend, be sure to stay tuned to the Visit Lake County Holiday Guide which will be posted this weekend.
But for now, here are the top events going on this weekend in Lake County.
- We all remember our favorite green and crotchety ogre who had a quest with a trusty steed to save the beautiful Princess Fiona. It’s Shrek! The P.M.&L Theatre in Antioch is showing Shrek the Musical for its final weekend. Take a walk down memory lane with Shrek, Fiona, Donkey, Lord Farquaad and the whole gang of fairy tale misfits.
Friday-Sunday, November 13-15; Fri-Sat 8 p.m., Sun 2:30 p.m. P.M.&L Theatre, 877 N. Main St., Antioch.
- Gobble, Gobble and Season’s Greetings from Belvidere Park in Waukegan. Sprint, trot, mosey
or saunter your way to victory at the Turkey Trot 2015. Races are organized by gender and age groups from toddlers up to over 100 years old. Registration occurs between 9-9:45 a.m. on the day of the event and the fee is two cans of non-perishable food items. Anyone can race, but only Waukegan Park District residents are eligible to win a race turkey.
Saturday, November 14; 10 a.m. Belvidere Park, 412 S. Lewis Ave., Waukegan.
- It’s always a gem to see the beautiful colors and
shapes created when peeking through a
kaleidoscope. Now you can create those images on your own at the Kaleidoscopes: Optics, Mirrors and Colors event at the Great Lakes Naval Museum. During this activity, students will learn how to build their own kaleidoscope.
Saturday, November 14; Great Lakes Naval Museum, 610 Farragut Ave. Bldg. 42., Great Lakes.
- Start the holiday shopping early and come out to the 3rd Annual Bake and Craft Bazaar in Gurnee. Stop in to shop for handmade items, bags, candles and other goodies. It’s the perfect opportunity to beat the crowds and finish your holiday shopping early. Some of the delicious eats include chili, nachos, baked goods, taffy apples or popcorn to enjoy now or later.
Saturday, November 14; 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Heritage Woods of Gurnee 3775 Grand Ave., Gurnee.
- If you didn’t get to do anything to celebrate Veteran’s Day on Wednesday, Rivendell Theatre
Ensemble will perform Women at War at College of Lake County. After the performance there will be a panel Town Hall Discussion to debate whether females should serve on the frontline. The Rivendell Theatre Ensemble has gathered extensive research, connected with 70 Chicagoland vets and collected 28 one-on-one interviews.
Friday, November 13; 6 p.m. College of Lake County – Conference Center C005, 19351 Washington St. Grayslake.