Summer is officially over as of last Wednesday, and Fall is in session. With the Autumnal Equinox, comes pumpkins, farm harvests and of course everyone’s favorite cosplay holiday: Halloween.
This fall journey across and enjoy the many splendors of Lake County. Here’s the top things to do this weekend October 2-4.
- Searching for a suds-filled Saturday? The Legions of Craft Beer Festival in the parking lot of Gurnee Mills will cure what ales you. A plethora of over 30 beer vendors will be featured at this event. Not only will you enjoy the assortment of beers offered, but food trucks and live entertainment. A shuttle service from the Metra in Libertyville and Waukegan will be in operation from out of the area attendees.
Saturday, October 3; 1-7 p.m. Admission: General Admission $50, Stilettos & Stout Shopping Package $35, Designated Driver $10. Gurnee Mills Parking Lot by Bass Pro, 6170 W. Grand Ave, Gurnee.
- There are as many as 40 craft beers from local and regional breweries to be featured at the two-day Second Annual Lake Zurich Craft Beer Fest. There will be plenty of delicious eats at this festival at Paulus Park. A tasting ticket includes samples of your choice of craft beer and a souvenir tasting glass.
Friday-Saturday, October 2-4; Fri 5-10 p.m., Saturday 2-7 p.m. Admission $50, $40 in advance. Paulus Park, 200 S. Rand Rd., Lake Zurich.
- TGIF! Whether its food, shopping, wine tasting or listening to the sounds of live music, the stores and restaurants First Fridays on MainStreet Libertyville is the place to be. Dine at one of the many restaurants, then check out the all the commotion on the street. It’s a party just waiting for you.
Friday, October 2; 6-9 p.m. Downtown Libertyville, Rt. 21, Libertyville.
- The renowned Dungeon of Doom Haunted House located in the old Briquette Factory in Zion has open their doors to scare the living daylights out of you. This award-winning haunted house is a nationally recognized attraction for its stage production, environment with costume, makeup, prop design and more. See if you can withstand the scares of the spooky Dungeon of Doom Haunted House next weekend. Not recommended for children under 12.
Friday-Saturday October 2-3; Admission $25. 600 29th St., Zion.
- Join the Liberty Prairie Foundation and Prairie Crossing Farmers Fall Festival for free hayride tours of the Farm with resident organic farmer Jeff Miller of Sandhill Family Farms. This event features hayrides, educational programs, farmer’s markets including Radical Root Farm and more.
Saturday, October 3; 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. 32400 N. Harris Rd., Grayslake.
To see all things fall, check out our Fall Guide.