However, summer is still lingering, when the PGA tour comes to Lake County. Watch some of your favorite golfers (Sans Tiger) compete for the BMW Championship.
Oktoberfests are popping up all over Lake County as well. Grab your lagers and punch your ticket to Deustchland in Lake County.
- Get a glimpse of some of the best PGA golfers in the world as the BMW Championship returns to Lake County. Conway Farms in Lake Forest is hosting once again, for a chance to see top players like Jason Day, Jordan Speith and Rickie Folwer who are in the top three positions of the FedExCup rankings. Other stars participating include Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson, Zach Johnson and Rory Mcllroy. The BMW championship runs all weekend.
Friday-Sunday, September 18-20. At Gate Regular Friday: $65, Saturday $70, Sunday $70 and Weekly Badge $145. Advance purchase is $5-$10 cheaper. Check website for other upgraded ticket prices. Conway Farms Golf Club, 425 S. Conway Farms, Lake Forest.
- The kids will be pleased to know that Didier Farms Pumpkinfest begins on Saturday. This festival cascaded with pumpkins also includes hayrides, pony rides, camel rides, kiddie rides, exotic petting zoo, parakeet exhibit, corn maze and pig races (only on the weekend). The Lincolnshire farm’s doors are open till Halloween night. Don’t forget to visit Grandma D’s Bake Shop for scrumptious pies, cookies, fudge, homemade apple cider, kettle corn and pumpkin donuts.
- Journey to Long Grove Historic Village for the final weekend of Oktoberfest. Not only will you enjoy authentic German eats, Oktoberfest beer and live entertainment, but there will be an antique Tractor Show & hay rides, free of admission. On Saturday, car aficionados will enjoy the European Autoschau Saturday, where Long Grove Historic Village will showcase cars that date back as far as the pre-war decades to present day automobiles.
Saturday-Sunday, September 19-20; Long Grove Historic Village, Downtown Long Grove, Long Grove.
- The renowned, every third weekend Waukegan festival called ArtWauk is something to experience. ArtWauk features local artists in downtown Waukegan featuring works made in mediums such as paintings, sculptures, film, dance, theatre, comedy, music, performing arts and food. During this festival, you can join Urban Edge Gallery as photographer Ryan Spencer Reed gives you a glimpse of the U.S. military with his astonishing pictures.
Saturday, September 19; 5-10 p.m. Downtown Waukegan, Genesee Street, Waukegan.
- Come out for a night of fun during the annual street dance featuring an Octoberfest theme. Enjoy live music, food, friends, fun, and everyone’s favorite beverages in downtown Libertyville. The big top will be rockin’ all night. Live entertainment includes opening band is Blitzcreek starting at 6pm, DD&F start at 8pm, followed by headliner David Dallison and Friends.
Saturday, September 19; 6-11 p.m. Adult Admission $20 at the door, Tickets in advance: $15. Downtown Libertyville, Church Street, Libertyville.