A lot of the kids around Lake County have made their way back to the classroom before this edition of things to do this weekend August 19-21. Be sure to check out our back to school shopping in Lake County blog for all of your classroom and clothing needs.
That doesn’t mean you can’t still have summer fun. The weekend is a glorious time for residents and visitors alike in Lake County.
Take a look at what Lake County has in store for you in top things to do this weekend August 19-21.
- Summertime and ribs just have a wonderful relationship together. Check out and see what the Vernon Hills Park District is cooking at the Little Bear Rib Fest at Century Park in Vernon Hills. Besides Lake County’s best ribs, explore the live entertainment, kids events and whole slew of fun things to do with the entire family in this two-day fest. Live entertainment performers include Kevin Purcell and the Nightburners, John Primer, Red, White & Blues, Chicago Blues Super Session, Mark Hummel and the Golden State/Lone Star Revue.
Friday-Saturday, August 19-20; Fri: 6-11 p.m., Sat: 3-11 p.m. Admission: $5, Children five & under are free admission. Century Park, 1001 Lakeview Pkwy, Vernon Hills.
- The heat is on in Grayslake as they host their annual Grayslake Summer Days event. This family-fun music festival will feature live entertainment, carnival games, bingo, beer tents, arts & crafts, food vendors, a business booth area and go-cart races. Don’t forget to get a good spot on Whitney Street for the Bike and Pet Parade at noon on Saturday and the Summer Days Parade at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday night. Music will be provided by Deezguise, Mike & Joe and 7th Heaven.
Friday-Saturday, August 19-20; Fri: 5 p.m.-midnight, Sat: 11 a.m.-midnight. Whitney Street Festival Site, Grayslake.
- Lake Zurich is featuring the area’s local restaurants, wineries and breweries that will be serving delectable samples of their menus at the Tenth Annual Taste of the Towns in Paulus Park. Other than the eats your taste buds crave, there will be live performances from local musicians, and other family fun activities for you to enjoy. You must purchase a Tasting Menu to receive a sample from each of the vendors.
Sunday, August 21; 3-7 p.m. Paulus Park, 200 S. Rand Rd., Lake Zurich.
- There’s nothing like a day of nostalgia. Long Grove’s Vintage Days has that neatly wrapped in a bow as they will feature antique, reclaimed, re-purposed, upcycled and handmade products for attendees. The festival also includes live entertainment, elegant eats, tasty treats and delicious drinks. Also peruse the local shops and restaurants in Historic Downtown Long Grove. The event also offers hayrides, an ice cream social, pie eating, penny carnival – run by kids, for kids and so much more.
Saturday-Sunday, August 20-21; 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Historic Downtown Long Grove, 308 Old McHenry Rd., Long Grove.
- Who’s the fastest watercraft at Lakefront Park? We shall see as we’re off to the races in Fox Lake’s 19th Annual Cardboard Cup Regatta. The event will also present games, food vendors, a DJ and a lot of fun for you and the family. Kits are available at the village hall located at 66 Thillen Drive for $30. Life preservers aren’t provided but are mandatory. Registration begins at 8 a.m.
Sunday, August 21; 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Lakefront Park, 71 Nippersink Blvd., Fox Lake.
For more things to do this weekend August 19-21 in Lake County, Continue Here.