Oh how much of a treat it is in this week’s things to do this weekend June 24-26. Plus, it’s always an exciting time during 4th of July weekend in Lake County; which is rapidly approaching.
Here’s a little bit of a throwback to really get you into the summer time: Dylan Kroll’s viral video Lake County, Bounty of Illinois music video.
Kroll won the Lake County Song Search Fan Vote and Grand Prize in the 2015 campaign.
Here’s what we got going on for you this weekend June 24-26.
- Experiencing summer in Historic Downtown Long Grove is always a treat. The festival formerly called Long Grove Strawberry Fest is now called Long Grove’s Summer Fest. However there’s no skimp on the strawberries. This three-day event is a ‘berry-wonderful’ celebration that offers everything from chocolate covered strawberries, strawberry martinis and desserts. The festival features live music all day on three different stages, great food, unique shopping and kid-tivities all weekend long.
Friday-Sunday, June 24-26; Fri & Sat 10 a.m. – 10 p.m., Sun 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Admission: $5. Long Grove Historic Village, 308 Old McHenry Rd., Long Grove.
- There’s no such thing as early fireworks for people of Lake County.
It’s fun and entertainment as the whole family gears up for the Taste of Grayslake. The festivities include live entertainment, a moonwalk, carnival rides, face painting, obstacle course, wall climbing and so much more. Don’t forget fireworks shoot off at dusk.
Saturday, June 25; 4-10 p.m. Central Park, Lake Street between Washington and Center Streets, Grayslake.
- Don’t have the time to make it out to the Sunshine State this year? No worries. Blarney Island is bringing Key West to the Midwest for an entire weekend of festivities. Enjoy a weekend of good times, drinks, eats and a live performance lineup that include John Solinski, Pirates over 40 and Tropixplosion.
Friday-Sunday, June 24-26. Blarney Island, 27843 W. Grass Lake Rd., Antioch.
- In Lake County, good music is always, ‘Blowin’ in the Wind.’ Bob Dylan is coming into town, ‘Like a Rolling Stone,’ to Ravinia in Highland Park. The ‘Times are A-Changing,’ singer is a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame legend that has been influential in more than five decades. Watch this champion singer as brings opener Chicago-born singer Mavis Staples is no slouch herself – also a Rock and Roll Hall of Famer as a member of the Staple Singers.
Friday, June 24; 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $160/130, Lawn $49. Ravinia Festival, 200 Ravinia Park Rd., Highland Park.
- There are events and activities for all ages
at Beach Fest 2016 – Annual Village Festival in Round Lake Beach! Enjoy main stage live music, cultural and children’s stage for awesome entertainment! Bella Cain performs on the main stage Friday night and the Modern Day Romeos play Saturday night. The weekend-long event offers delicious eats and drinks!
Friday-Sunday, June 24-26;Fri: 3-11 p.m., Sat: 1-11 p.m., Sun 1-8 p.m. Cultural & Civic Center of Round Lake Beach, 2007 Civic Center Way, Round Lake Beach.