We’re back for five days of work before we can enjoy things to do this weekend, September 16-18. The weather outside is perfect though, which is a perfect opportunity to plan for fun.
Here’s what we have going on in Lake County – check out our list of the top 5 things to do this weekend, September 16-18.
- Searching for a suds-filled Saturday? Gurnee’s Second Annual Legions of Craft Beer Festival will cure what “ales” you. A plethora of over 50+ beer vendors will be featured at this event. Not only will you enjoy the assortment of beers offered, but food trucks and live entertainment as well. A shuttle service from the Metra train stations in Libertyville and Waukegan will be in operation for out of the area attendees. The event will also be broadcasted live on 102.3 WXLC. Live performers include Outpatience, the Alpiners, the Keelan Jones Experience and the winner of last year’s I Love Lake County Song Search: Dylan James.
Saturday, September 17; 2-7 p.m. Gurnee Mills parking lot by Bass Pro Shops, 6170 W. Grand Ave., Gurnee.
- Are you ready to fight for your right to party? Lake Zurich joins in as they host their Fourth Annual Rock the Block Party between Church Street and Old Rand Road. Enjoy the live music and, of course, the drinks and delicious dishes from the food trucks. The kids will be immersed in the giant slide, face painting and balloon art. Admission is free but the donations of three unopened, non-perishable food products are requested. Donors will receive a raffle ticket. Drinking wristbands are available for $1 for indulgers aged 21 or over. The block party features live music from Rockstar Rodeo, Hello Weekend and 7th Heaven.
Saturday, Saturday 17; 5-11 p.m. Downtown Lake Zurich, Main Street between Church and Old Rand, Lake Zurich.
- Richardson Adventure Farm, the location with the world’s largest corn
maze, is open till midnight this weekend.
- The Spring Grove farm’s corn maze theme this year is celebrating 50 years of voyages from the Starship Enterprise: Star Trek Beyond. Travel the 33 acres and 11 miles of trails all in one day. Explore the whole thing or just one short trail. Besides the renowned mazes, you and the family can enjoy some fun with free campfires, pedal carts, corn crib, pumpkin patch, wagon rides, 50′ tube slide, 50′ observation tower, 700′ zip line, Zorbing and concessions.
Friday-Saturday, September 16-17; Fri 3 p.m.-midnight, Sat 10 a.m.-midnight. Adult admission $16, Child admission $13. Richardson Adventure Farm & Corn Maze, 9407 Richardson Rd., Spring Grove.
- Celebrate the diversity of culture in Lake County at the Fourth Annual One World Festival in Mundelein. The family-friendly event will include eats and activities from many cultures including, but not limited to, Irish, Indian, Japanese, Russian, Mexican and more. Learn some of the traditional dances performed by Siempre Flamenco, Royal Scottish Country Dance Society of Chicago and Chicago Korean Dance Company. The Mundelein event will also feature arts and crafts, as well as wine and spirits.
Saturday, September 17; 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Kracklauer Park, 126 N. Seymour, Mundelein.
- Whether it’s sunny or stormy, the Deutschland show must go on. Lake Villa is celebrating Oktoberfest for the next three Saturdays. Enjoy the epitome of fall as Lake Villa’s Oktoberfest features non-stop music, great food and drinks, traditional Bavarian dancing and so much more. Get out and cut a rug on the large dance floor that is centrally located at the festival.
Saturday, September 17; 6:30 p.m.-midnight. Admission $8. German/American Cultural Center, 259 West Grand Ave., Lake Villa.