But we’ere always ready for the weekend, no matter what day of the week it is. So, here are your top things to do this weekend September 30-October 2.
- Join a naturalist for a one hour hike through stunning autumn colors. Learn why trees drop their leaves and how critters adapt to the arrival of cold weather. Ryerson is one of Lake County’s most preserved natural environments. Because it’s an officially protected area and human interaction is limited in specific areas, the rare species and high quality natural areas combine to make a very special preserve. More than half the land is dedicated as an Illinois Nature Preserve and you can also visit a small farm area.
Sunday, October 2; 11 a.m.-noon. Resident admission: $5 for adults, $1 for children, Non-resident admission: $7 for adults, $2 for children. Ryerson Woods Forest Preserve, 21950 N. Riverwoods Rd., Riverwoods.
2. To most people, jazz, hip-hop, funk, and classical are musical genres. But to revolutionary music group Black Violin, they’re nothing but ingredients. This dynamic and diverse duo comprised of Wil B and Kev Marcus will take you on a journey at the Genesee Theatre in Waukegan. Black Violin has a heavy menu of music fusion that ranges from authentic original music to covers. You’ll be sure to get out of your seat when you see this duet go to work!
Saturday, October 1; 8 p.m. Tickets $23-$48. Genesee Theatre 203 N. Genesee St. Waukegan, IL 60085.
- Everyone remembers the terrifying Alfred Hitchcock film, The Birds – which is an adaptation of the short story by Daphne Du Maurier. Tis the season to be spooked at the Citadel Theatre as the Lake Forest theatre gives you the live version of the movie. Take a journey through the unsettling look at human relationships in the face of societal collapse. Watch relentless birds take on the show’s protagonists Nat, Diane and Julie as they flee for shelter. The show runs till Sunday, October 30.
Friday-Sunday, September 30-October 2; Days and times vary. Tickets: $35-$38. Citadel Theatre, 300 S. Waukegan Rd., Lake Forest.
- ‘Let’s go fly a kite, up to the highest height and send it soaring up through the atmosphere…’ Bring the family out for Waukegan Kite Fest 2016 on Waukegan Municipal Beach. The event will feature kite demonstrations, kids crafts, kites for sale, stunts and tricks by pro flyer Mike Holl of Wisconsin Kiters and more.
Saturday, October 1, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Free. Waukegan Municipal Beach, 201 E. Sea Horse Dr., Waukegan.
- It is officially fall and Vigneto del Bino Winery is hosting their annual Harvest Celebration Crush. This Antioch event will feature discounts on wines, wine tastings, a gift basket raffle, live music from 4-7 p.m., delicious eats, stomping of the grapes and the opportunity to make a t-shirt.
Saturday, October 1; Noon-7 p.m. Vigneto del Bino Winery, 42150 Crawford Rd., Antioch.
For more things to do this weekend September 30-October 2, Continue here.