Lake County has a jam-packed schedule this June 2019! If you’re searching for some summer fun, you’ve come to the right place.
At this time of year, we pull out our summer garb (if it still fits) and head outdoors to bask in the warm Lake County sun.
View this post on Instagram
Lake County heats up in the summer months with outdoor activities, concerts, festivals, nature exhibitions, great food, live theater and so much more. Don’t forget to plan something special for old papa bear as Father’s Day is June 16.
Let’s take a look at Lake County’s top 10 things to do in June 2019.
View this post on Instagram
Ravinia Festival, the eldest outdoor festival in the United States, kicks off its season with an all-star cast. For 50 years, Ramsey Lewis has provided his unique music and is an advocate for the contemporary jazz movement. Lewis has been a crossover in the Billboard Pop and R&B charts, while he also gives back to the music community. The kick off to the Ravinia season features the Windy City native’s RamseyFest, (who has registered three Grammy wins) and he’s bringing a plethora of talented friends with him. Philip Bailey, who’s the lead singer of Earth, Wind and Fire, the John Pizzarelli Trio and Ann Hampton Callaway, will join Ramsey Lewis on stage. Also featured performances from Australian “jack-of-all-genres, one-woman showman” Tash Sultana will perform on Saturday and Concert Dance Inc. will show audiences how to properly cut a rug on Saturday and Sunday. The season runs through September 15. Here’s who’s performing in June.
- RamseyFest featuring Ramsey Lewis (May 31)
- Tash Sultana (June 1)
- Concert Dance Inc. (June 1-2)
- Rob Thomas (June 6)
- Bridges Composition Competition (June 7)
- Josh Groban Bridges Tour (June 7)
- Kids Concert: Vy Higginsen’s Sing Harlem (June 8)
- Ravinia Stearns Music Institute (RSMI): Master Class ft. Bassist John Patitucci (June 8)
- John Prine: The Tree of Forgiveness Tour (June 8)
- Bobby McFerrin featuring the spirtyouall band and the Chicago Children’s Choir (June 9)
- Billy Childs Jazz-Chamber Ensemble (June 9)
- Lionel Richie: All the Hits (June 11-12)
- Lake Street Dive and the Wood Brothers (June 13)
- RSMI Jazz Grandstand (June 14)
- Buddy Guy featuring the North Mississippi All Stars and Shamekia Copeland (June 14)
- Lincoln Trio (June 15)
- Rick Springfield & Richard Marx (June 15)
- Ko-Thi Dance Company (June 16)
- Peter Yarrow and Noel Paul Stookey of Peter, Paul and Mary (June 17)
- Stile Antico (June 18)
- Julliard String Quartet (June 19)
- Bernstein’s Songfest featuring Caroga Arts Ensemble (June 20)
- Tony Bennett: I Left My Heart Tour (June 21)
- Kids Concerts: Catskill Puppet Theatre (June 22) (three performances)
- Classic Albums Live performs Fleetwood Mac’s “Rumours” (June 22)
- Melissa Etheridge and George Thorogood & the Destroyers (June 23)
- The Stars of the Peking Acrobats (June 26)
- Miriam Fried and the RSMI Luminaries perform Beethoven and Brahms (June 27)
- Little Big Town featuring Jillian Jacqueline (June 28)
- Atlanta Drum Company (June 29)
- The Counting Crows: 25 Years and Counting (June 29)
- Sugarland (June 30)
It’s the final weekend of wild costume parties, voodoo dolls and surprise romance. Who couldn’t be more curious about those three plots combined? Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike is now showing at the PM&L Theatre in Antioch. This comedy, originally written by Christopher Durang revolves around the relationships of three middle-aged single siblings. The trio of siblings bicker and discuss their lives while Spike is Masha’s love interest whose claim to fame is landing the role in the sequel to Entourage: Entourage 2. The original Broadway production of the play was nominated for six Tony Awards winning ‘Best Play’ in 2013. The play runs through June 16.
3. Lake County June Festivals (All June)
View this post on Instagram
173/365 She wants to hang with the big kids and gets off and says she LOVED the ride. But that look of pain while on the ride tells a different story. 😄 #mbljourney2018 #libertyville #libertyvilledays #cousinsrock😍 #havefunlittleone #mycreativesummer_letscelebrate #clickinmoms #chicagomom #libertyvillephotographer #childhoodunplugged #prdgirls
It’s festival season in Lake County. The sun is out, the streets are over saturated with humans hunting for a party to cut a rug to live Spotify, exploring their palate for a bite of enchanting eats and drinks, seeking the thrills of a lifetime on all of the carnival rides and so much more. Stay tuned for the summer festival guide.
- Winthrop Harbor Summer Fair & Carnival (May 30-June 2)
- Bitter Jester Music Festival (May 31-July 4)
- Ravinia Festival (All Month Long)
- Grayslake Craft Beer Festival (June 1)
- Libertyville Foodie 5K (June 1)
- Ray Bradbury’s Dandelion Wine Fine Arts Festival (June 1)
- Lambs Farm Champion Car Show (June 2)
- First Fridays on MainStreet Libertyville (June 7)
- One-Year Anniversary and Celebration at The Shanty (June 8)
- Mundelein’s Craft Beer Festival (June 8)
- Taste of Waukegan Fest (June 9)
- Libertyville Days Festivals (June 13-16)
- Zion’s Annual Nostalgia Days (June 14-15)
- Antioch’s Arts and Crafts Faire (June 15)
- Wizard’s Weekend in Antioch (June 15)
- ArtWauk in Waukegan (June 15)
- Key West Fest at Blarney Island in Antioch (June 20-23)
- Great Wolf Lodge’s “Don’t Let the Sun Set” Summer Solstice Celebration (June 21-22)
- Long Grove’s Strawberry Festival (June 21-23)
- Beach Bash & Cardboard Regatta in Mundelein (June 22)
- Grayslake Arts Festival & Wine Tasting (June 22)
- Gorton Community Center Annual Dog Day in Lake Forest (June 22)
- Festival of the Fine Arts in Highland Park (June 22-23)
- BeachFest 2019 at the Cultural & Civic Center of Round Lake Beach (June 28-30)
- Taste of Grayslake Family Picnic & Fireworks (June 29)
- Celebrate Fox Lake (June 29)
View this post on Instagram
Well folks, tomorrow is our last Saturday at the @grayslakefarmersmarket! We’ve had a blast these past 6 months working markets throughout the North Shore. Come on out to Grayslake on Saturday between 10am-2pm so we can make you some delicious beverages and help you wrap up your Christmas gift shopping! 🎄🎁☕️
Lake County’s farmers markets are more than just places to find the freshest, locally grown and deliciously ripe fruits and vegetables of the season. They’re also a place where neighbors, friends and family shop for unique handmade goods and explore the never-ending variety of exciting items from welcoming vendors.
It’s a food frenzy in Highland Park, and all taste bud palettes are invited. The Thursday night party not only features delectable eats from several food trucks but also libations, live music, family-friendly activities and new for this installment of the vehicle fare party is bags (otherwise known as cornholes). The Highland Park market will host a league open to adults aged 18 and older. The weekly outdoor eatery occurs every Thursday through September 12.
The Chain O’Lakes is far from placid on Thursday nights during the summer. Thunder on the Chain features the unique world of drag boat racing from June-September hosted by Blarney Island on Grass Lake. If you have the need for speed on a ‘school night,’ witness these fearless racers competing in nine different classes from the Northern Illinois Drag Boat Association as they sprint for the gold. Thunder on the Chain fields races through August 29.
Join your favorite SHE-roes as the inaugural Chicago-Gurnee Wonder Woman™ 5K, 10K and Half Marathon starting at Gurnee Mills on Sunday, June 9. Registration for the DC Comics event includes a race kit, a DC Wonder Woman Run finisher’s medal, a commemorative race bib and chip timing, a pro race photo and video and access to the post-race party. The race occurs at seven different locations across the country. The race steps off at Gurnee Mills for half marathoners and 10K joggers and they both end where they started at Stearns School. The 5K runners begin their sprint at Six Flags Great America and also cross the finish line at the Gurnee mall. All participants are invited to the post party festivities at Six Flags Great America.
The famous white stallions of Old Mill Creek have entertained audiences for six decades with their flying horse movements, four-horse ballet and other historical nuggets. They just celebrated their 60th Birthday last year and don’t show any signs of slowing down. Tempel Lipizzans if anyone says you didn’t age well, Visit Lake County will say neigh!
Who’s created the fastest vessel on in Lake County … made of cardboard? Grab your friends and set out to construct the speediest watercraft this side of the Mississippi. Don’t get stingy with the paper and glue, and remember creativity is a plus (even if it instantly sinks). “Shove right off” to Diamond Lake. Stick around for the Beach Bash and Ninja Warrior Competition hosted by the Mundelein Park District. If you’re trying to make your DIY box boat and you have no clue where to begin, the Mundelein Park District is hosting a cardboard regatta boat building workshop on June 13.
“Darling Grenadine” follows the show’s charming protagonist Harry who lives in Manhattan and works as a songwriter. This musical comedy is a “Swell” story that explores an abundance of themes like the juxtaposition between romance versus reality as well as denial and heartbreak, addiction and loss and so much more. “Darling Grenadine” is based on the book, songs and words conceived by Daniel Zaitchik. The Lincolnshire show runs through August 18.
For more things to do this month in June 2019, CONTINUE HERE.