If you’re into sweets and cosplay, then clearly you must be a big fan of Halloween! It’s difficult to narrow it down to a top 5 Halloween events in Lake County, but somebody’s got to do it!
From emulating a door-to-door salesman asking Lake County residents for tricks and/or treats, to getting the living daylights scared out of you at a haunted attraction, to taking a coaster journey with a ghoulish monster, to sipping down a pumpkin spice brew to trying to find your way home through a maze of cornstalks to Halloween fests, this area provides a sufficient amount of spooky lifestyle October 31st.
Even though Halloween falls on a Tuesday this year, the Lake County kiddies will be dressed to impress (along with their parents). The top 10 costumes trending for this Halloween according to USA Today and National Retail Federation data released include superheroes, princesses, Star Wars characters, and of course your classic witches, vampires, pirates, animals and zombies.
Get “Thriller” queued up on your playlist: Here are your top 5 Halloween events in Lake County!
It’s that time of year when your youngsters go door-to-door in the neighborhood and demand people to smell their feet and give them something good to eat. For if your neighbors refrain from providing tasty treats, these children have don’t have a care in the world and will proceed to embarrass you in front of the whole community by removing your undergarments. So if you want our advice, give the kiddies the candy they deserve. Visit one of the many Lake County communities to learn the true meaning of Trick or Treating.
All Lake County Communities October 28-31; various hours.
A tiny X-Flight, taken during a 91 ° Fright Fest at Six Flags Great America Sept 23rd 2017. Such an awesome thing Six Flags does. (Taken after noonish). . . . . #frightfest #frightfestsixflagsgreatamerica #2017 #fall #tiltshiftclub #tiltshift #frightfest2017 #boo #noon #snapseed #galaxy #galaxys5 #androidphotography #nbc5chicago
“Darkness falls across the land. The midnight hour is close at hand. Creatures crawl in search of blood, to terrorize y’alls neighborhood.” Six Flags Great America’s Fright Fest presented by SNICKERS® has returned. Crypts, ghouls, zombies and everything else Halloween takes over the Gurnee amusement park on select days through October 31.
Select days through October 31; various hours and various prices. Six Flags Great America, 542 Route 21., Gurnee.
Where can you find fall fun in Lake County? There are many different farms in the area that have brain teasing corn mazes, petting zoos, cider, pumpkins, gourds, squash, hayrides, zip lines and the list goes on and on. You may not get the Halloween spooks, but you will have a fantastic fall farm fun experience.
Multiple end dates on various farms in Lake County through October 31.
Every October, there is a ‘Monster Mash,’ and the haunted attractions in Lake County never fail to scare. There is an abundance of courageous souls out there that want to brave the storm of a professional scarer. That said, Lake County holds a Master’s Degree in terrifying individuals. Visit a haunted house, museum, pyramid or event in Lake County for the full Halloween experience.
Various end dates and various locations in Lake County through November 4.
Now through early November, head to Lake County for scary family fun, exciting fall activities and some terrifyingly good locally produced beer, wine and spirits. Plus travel packages, Halloween events and even more frightening fun! And be sure to drink responsibly. Have a scary good time!
Various locations throughout Lake County.
Bonus: Halloween Events
With Halloween falling on a Tuesday, many will celebrate this ghoulish day throughout the prior weekend of October 27-29. Here are a few events you should mark on your calendar before maxing out on candy.
- Free Haunted Train Tours at Volo Auto Museum now (through October 30)
- Antioch’s Halloween Fest & Carnival (October 26-29)
- Night of 1,000 Jack-O-Lanterns at Chicago Botanic garden (October 26-29)
- Long Grove Historical Society Ghost Walk (October 27)
- Zion Park District’s Halloween Fest (October 27)
- Lincolnshire’s Annual Boo Bash (October 27)
- Mundelein Boo Bash (October 28)
- Ninth Annual San Filippo Foundation Halloween Silent Film Gala in Barrington (October 28)
- The Case of the Spooky Seance: A Halloween Murder Mystery Dinner (for adults) at Round Leak Beach Cultural & Civic Center (October 28)
- Bootacular at Hawthorn Mall in Vernon Hills (October 28)
- Mummy & Son Spooktacular at Round Lake Beach Cultural & Civic Center (October 28)
- Waukegan Halloweenfest (October 28)
- Svengoolie at the Volo Auto Museum (October 28)
- Jelly Belly Munchkin Masquerade (October 28)
- Fall Fest & Trick or Treat at the Deer Park Town Center (October 28)
- Costume & Candy Halloween Family Fun Run in Lake Zurich (October 29)
- Halloween Fest at Libertyville Sports Complex (October 30)
For more information about Halloween events in Lake County, continue here.