1. Bring the family for 4 days of ‘Dancing in the Streets’ at the 39th Annual Gurnee Days celebration happening through Sunday at Viking Park in Gurnee. There is something for everyone in the family to enjoy from a farmers market, Gurnee Idol, golf tournament and bike rodeo to live music from Mellencougar and Suburban Cowboys, rib fest, eating contest and fireworks. Stop by this community event for safe, fun-filled family activities.
2. Experience 4 days of fun, including carnival rides, a parade, games, bingo, food, live entertainment and a battle of the bands contest at Lindenfest 2012 taking place at Village Hall in Lindenhurst. Some of the live entertainment includes Bela Cain, Neverly Brothers, Dot Dot Dot and more.
3. Enjoy soaring kite performances by the Chicago Fire Kite Team at the 8th Annual Kite Festival at the Chicago Botanic Garden, in the open area near Evening Island, this Saturday and Sunday. These high-flying professionals will demonstrate awesome feats of beauty and great skill. Take in the sights and sounds of the garden while you make your way to the festival.
4. You don’t want to miss the 9th Annual Backlot Brewfest at Mickey Finn’s Brewery in Downtown Libertyville this Saturday from noon – 11pm. This one day event features rib cooking, pork pulling, outside music and plenty of food. Live entertainment will be provided Rock City Seven, Betty Soul and Almost Famous.
5. The Great Lakes Naval Museum is hosting a ‘How to Read a Sailor’ activity for children beginning at 1pm on Saturday. Children will learn about Navy uniforms, how to tell officers from enlisted personnel, and to identify rating, paygrade and special qualification insignia. While the kids are learning about the sailors, stroll through the museum and explore our Navy’s history.
A weekend full of family fun adventure can be found on VisitLakeCounty.org.