- Take a leisurely stroll with your dog into the quaint shops of Mainstreet Libertyville during Libertyville’s Dog Days of Summer. This event is running all weekend with Cook Park being the center of activity. There will be a K-9 demonstration by the Lake County Sheriff’s department, a doggie fashion show, bands, a treasure hunt, prizes and much more. Friday night is also Mainstreet Libertyville’s First Friday celebration.
- Friday night is the 8th Annual Barrington Wine Tasting held at the Metra lot – Brat tent from 6pm – 10pm. There will be live musical entertainment, over 50 wines to taste, hors d’oeuvres and more. On Saturday in Downtown Barrington next to the Metra Station from 3pm – 7pm is Barrington’s 9th Annual Brew Fest. This event will include over 50 craft beers, live music, 50/50 raffle, a bean bag tournament and much more.
- Swing by Park North of Village Hall in Winthrop Harbor on Saturday from 6pm – 7:30pm and enjoy the sounds of the Great Lakes Navy Band. The Great Lakes Navy Band “Horizon” will play a mixture of classic rock, country, Motown, funk and jazz music.
- Stop by Northern Illinois’ largest Civil War reenactment this Saturday from 10am – 5pm and Sunday 9am – 3pm at the Lake County Discovery Museum’s 21st Annual Civil War Days. The event features infantry, cavalry and artillery reenactors, as well as musicians, sutlers, a large-scale battle renenactment, ongoing drills, kids’ activities and Civil War era shopping.
- View Hollywood and classic cars at the George Barris Car show at the Volo Auto Museum this Saturday from 10am – 5pm. You will see the Munsters Koach, hear live rockabilly music, a cookout and beer garden will also be available.
A weekend full of family fun adventure can be found on VisitLakeCounty.org.