- Stop by Century Park in Vernon Hills for 3 fun filled days of food, carnival rides and free entertainment at their Annual Summer Celebration. Friday will feature the Freddy Jones Band, Saturday night will include Jamie Lono, Heartsfield and Dave Mason, and Sunday will be the classic rock/ arena rock cover band Mr. Slate. The Summer Celebration will also have guest appearances by former White Sox first baseman Frank Thomas and Dan Hampton of the 1985 Chicago Bears. Hours for the Summer Celebration are Friday 6pm – midnight, Saturday 1pm – midnight and Sunday 1pm – 10pm.
- Don’t miss the 22nd Antioch Taste of Summer happening all weekend in Downtown Antioch. The Taste of Summer offers food, entertainment, carnival rides, sidewalk sales and many other activities. The bandshell will be home to live music all weekend. Festival goers will choose from a fantastic array of foods from Mexican, Chinese, American, BBQ, Italian and other mouth watering treats. Hours for the Taste of Summer are Friday 4pm – 11pm, Saturday 12pm – 11pm and Sunday 12pm – 6pm.
- Come out for an evening of arts, music, theatre, film and dance at the Waukegan ArtWauk. The ArtWauk will take place this Saturday, July 21st from 5-10 pm in downtown Waukegan. Take a stroll down Genesee St. and visit the art galleries, grab a bite to eat, listen to the music and enjoy the live entertainment. Then hang around for the after party.
- Buffalo Grove is one of the most diverse communities in Lake County, and the Buffalo Grove Fine Art Festival draws artists from around the world. This year’s festival at the Buffalo Grove Town Center on Saturday and Sunday from 10am – 5pm, will feature approximately 150 artists. The artists will display a wide variety of fine art including photography, jewelry, sculpture, furniture, glass and more.
- This Saturday night from 5pm – 10pm at Miller’s Dog N’ Suds Drive In, Ingleside, is classic car cruise night for cars Pre-1973, Hot Rods, Classics, Custom and Antiques. The live entertainment for the evening will be a tribute to Elvis featuring Travis Morris. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy great food, homemade creamy Root Beer, great music and fun for the whole family.
A weekend full of family fun adventure can be found on VisitLakeCounty.org.