- Bring the family out to the 84th Annual Lake County Fair in Grayslake. There is something for everyone to enjoy from the livestock barns, amusement rides, Monster Trucks, Demo Derby to food vendors and live entertainment including the band 7th Heaven. Plus, you don’t want to miss the live Sasquatch calling competition happening tonight at 9pm on the main stage. Military personal in uniform will receive free admission and this year’s special for family of 4 admission is $25.
- Don’t miss the Barrington Summerfest this Friday from 4pm-12am and Saturday from 11am-12am. This two-day event features some of the greatness that the Barrington region has to offer, including live music, food, and a focus on family fun! The annual Barrington Sidewalk Days will be happening at the same time, so it will be truly a fantastic weekend to spend in town!
- Rink Side’s 13th Annual Summer Chiller Event is happening this Saturday from 8am – 3:30pm at Rink Side Family Entertainment Center in Gurnee! Enjoy watching the ice skating competition for children ages 3-16. Entertaining performances throughout the day. New this year will be Couples Spotlight, Hockey events for age 3-12 and open Freestyle Events.
- This Saturday from 5pm – 9pm is the 5th Annual Waukegan Wine and Art Stroll. Purchase a wine glass ($15 in advance and $20 at the door) and experience tastings at participating downtown Waukegan locations and excellent musical entertainment. Also, don’t miss The Pinta and The Nina, replica ships located at the Waukegan Harbor through July 31.
- The first Annual Venus De Miles All Women Road Ride is Sunday at Lake Forest College. Venus de Miles is a lot of things – Illinois’ first all-women’s road ride, a celebration of sisterhood and crazy fun, but one thing it’s not is a race. So, don’t be afraid to walk your bike up that hill, stop to listen to a band, and most importantly, enjoy. Venus is for all skill levels and features four courses to accommodate any rider – novice or seasoned. Stay for the post race festival.
A weekend full of family fun adventure can be found on VisitLakeCounty.org.