- Kick off the weekend by stopping by the Grayslake Summer Days, which starts tonight at 5pm and runs through Saturday between Center & Seymour Ave. in Grayslake. This family music festival offers carnival games, bingo, arts and crafts, food, a “Grayslake’s Got Talent” contest, bike and pet parade and much more. The live entertainment features Bella Cain tonight and 7th Heaven on Saturday night.
- Come out for an evening of art, music, theatre, film and dance at Waukegan’s monthly ArtWauk event happening this Saturday from 5pm-10pm in downtown Waukegan. Take a stroll down Genesee St. and visit the art galleries, grab a bite to eat, listen to music and enjoy the live entertainment. The Genesee Theatre will be showing the film, “National Lampoon’s Vacation” at 7:30pm on Saturday night.
- You don’t want to miss the 15th Annual Lincolnshire Art Festival this Saturday and Sunday from 10am – 5pm at the Village Green in Lincolnshire. The art festival will feature approximately 120 artists with some booths offering interactive art demos and chats. There will also be activities for the kids, including an art scavenger hunt to help make the festival a perfect family experience.
- More than 90 artists will be selling paintings, photography, sculpture, jewelry and more at Long Grove’s Annual Fine Arts & Wine Festival this Saturday and Sunday from 10am – 5pm. Along with discovering great art, there will be live music and food both days to add to the enjoyment of this annual event.
- Swing by Miller’s Dog n Suds Drive In Saturday night between 5pm-10pm for their Classic Car Cruise Night. This event will feature pre-1973 hot rods, classics, custom and antique cars. Bring your dancing shoes and dance the night away to the sounds of the Lakes Area Swing Band, who will be playing music from the 40’s to today. Take pleasure in great food, homemade creamy root beer, great music and fun for the whole family.
A weekend full of family fun adventure can be found on VisitLakeCounty.org.