- Celebrate summer at Downtown Libertyville’s First Fridays on Mainstreet tonight from 6pm – 9pm. After you dine at one of the fabulous restaurants, take a stroll around the downtown to see what is happening and do a little shopping. Around every corner you might find music, special treats or a wine tasting. There is sure to be something for everyone in the family to enjoy.
- Bring the family to Lehmann Park in Lake Villa for a day of fun at the 79th Annual Lake Villa Days festival. The event includes carnival rides, games, bingo, music, food and more. There will also be the annual Firefighters water fight. Lake Villa Days is happening tonight from 6pm – midnight, Saturday from 11am – midnight and Sunday 11am – 10pm.
- Stop out by Waukegan beach today and Saturday and watch the 50th North American Sunfish Championship Regatta. All sailors use identical Sunfish sailboats. There are 11 races between both days and a total of 80 men, women and children from around the world are expected to compete before the last race sets sail at 3pm on Saturday.
- You don’t want to miss all of the great events at this year’s Harbor Days Festival & Boat Show happening all weekend at North Point Marina and the Winthrop Harbor lakefront. The festival includes a Venetian Night boat parade, boat show, classic car show, food, live music, kid’s activities and fireworks. So pack up the kids and enjoy a great weekend at the beach.
- Experience the dance, food, music and market of local and distant cultures and countries at the 8th Annual Jamaicafest & Sounds of the Caribbean at Greenbelt Cultural Center in North Chicago on Sunday from 3pm – 7pm. You can participate in a limbo or dance contest, shop for jewelry, clothing or other imported specialties. Don’t forget to dine on southern soul food, jerk chicken and more.
A weekend full of family fun adventure can be found on VisitLakeCounty.org.