- First Fridays on Main Street. Tonight from 6 to 9 p.m., explore Downtown Libertyville with dinner at one of their many restaurants. Follow-up dinner with a stroll through local shops that offer wine tastings, live music and other promotional events. During March, First Friday will showcase Libertyville’s Art Month. Downtown Libertyville.
- Long Grove’s Ice Melting Blues Weekend. Saturday, March 2 and Sunday, March 3, Long Grove is hosting its Fourth Annual Ice Melting Blues Weekend with featured artists including Billy Branch & The Sons of Blues, Demetria Taylor and Corey Dennison at venues such as The Village Tavern, Long Grove Café, and more. Shop, dine and enjoy Long Grove’s celebration of the blues this weekend. Downtown Long Grove.
- CLC’s 29th Annual Salute to Gospel. 7 p.m. on Saturday, March 2. The 29th Annual Salute to Gospel Music Program has showcased nothing but the industry’s best in gospel. Two of this year’s most popular gospel music artists, Grammy Award-winning Sounds of Blackness and Reverend Charles Jenkins & Fellowship Chicago will be the featured artists. Tickets are $19. Genesee Theatre, 203 N. Genesee St., Waukegan.
- Maple Syrup Hikes. On Saturdays and Sundays between March 2 and March 17 from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., reserve a spot to join one of the popular one-hour maple syrup hikes. Learn how sugar maple trees secrete sweet sap and taste the final product as it transforms from sap to syrup. Registration is required with a cost of $6 to attend. Ryerson Woods, 21950 N. Riverwoods Rd., Riverwoods.
- Live Music at Viper Alley & Mickey Finns. Tonight at 9 p.m., local favorite musicians, 7th Heaven take the stage at Viper Alley. Tickets range from $10 to $15. Viper Alley, 275 Parkway Dr. Suite 325, Lincolnshire. On Saturday, March 2 at 9:30 p.m., come out to Mickey Finn’s Amber Room where original alternative and hard rock band Molehill will be performing. Tickets are $7 at the door. Mickey Finn’s Brewery, 412 N. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville.
More weekend activities can be found at VisitLakeCounty.org.