- Explore the Story of Abraham Lincoln’s Funeral Train. At 2 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 23, Charlie Banks from the Lake County Civil War Roundtable will present a lecture with images about Abraham Lincoln’s funeral train. This program will mark the end of the “All Aboard! A History of Railroads in Grayslake” exhibition, while transitioning into the new “Abraham Lincoln: Self-Made in America” exhibition, coming in March 2013. Grayslake Heritage Center, 164 Hawley St., Grayslake.
- God of Carnage at the Citadel Theatre. Thursdays through Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 3 p.m. through Mar. 10. This thrill ride of a performance takes you into the dangerous world of parenthood. A discussion over a playground fight becomes a hilarious brawl between two couples in this savagely caustic 2009 Tony Award winning comedy. General Admission is $37.50. Discounted rates also available. Citadel Theatre Company, 300 S. Waukegan Rd., Lake Forest.
- Cirque Ziva. At 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 22, see 25 incredible performing acrobats use their bodies and simple props to powerful music, simple themes and explosive choreography that transcends culture. Regular priced tickets range from $27 to $38. James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts, 19351 Washington St., Grayslake.
- Tom Keifer of Cinderella at Viper Alley. Showroom doors open at 7 p.m. on Friday, Feb 22 for a 9 p.m. performance by singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Tom Keifer. With his debut solo album set for a March 2013 release, Tom Keifer has embarked on his first ever solo tour. His music embraces the blues, rock and county. Tickets start at $20 for general admission in this 18 & older event. Viper Alley, 275 Parkway Dr. Suite 325, Lincolnshire.
- ThunderHawk Wedding Open House. Noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 24. Come out and take a tour of ThunderHawk’s beautiful banquet lodge to plan your wedding or special event. Complimentary appetizers and beverages will be served. ThunderHawk Golf Course Banquets, 39700 N. Lewis Ave., Beach Park.
A weekend full of family fun adventure can be found on VisitLakeCounty.org.