Well, what you should really know, is it’s not hard to find a great steakhouse in Lake County.
Longtime actor Robert Duvall known for such flicks as the Godfather series, ‘Apocalypse Now’ and ‘The Apostle,’ says it correctly, “I take a vitamin every day; it’s called steak.”
Illinois is a state that loves its steak.
No matter what your fancy is: T-Bone, ribeye, filet mignon, sirloin or some other mouthwatering cut, Lake County steakhouses will fulfill your beefy needs.
Let’s FLANK to a Lake County Restaurant Week: 10 Days to Savor eatery from March 2-11, rest our TENDERLOINS in one of these nine fine steakhouses and eat like we’re CLUB members. Remember to FLAT IRON your khakis and SKIRTS before entering. (Are any of these steak puns working for you?)
Highland Park and Lake Zurich, IL
- London Broil 10 oz: New York Strip Steak sliced and served with a red-wine shallot sauce.
- Prime Rib 10 oz.: Served with au jus and creamed or prepared horseradish.
- 7 Oz Filet Mignon: Served with mashed potatoes and green beans.
- Sliced Filet Mignon: Served with shiitake mushroom risotto, porcini and sriracha chili oil
- 8 oz. Filet Mignon: with mashed potatoes
- Grilled Filet Mignon: Beef jus and port reduction, roasted fingerling potatoes and asparagus spears.
- Steak Churasco: Slow roasted beef, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted purple cauliflower, chimichurri sauce.
- 8 oz. Beef Medallion: Served with potato croquette, horseradish, asparagus and a peppercorn demi.
- Bourbon Cherry Short Rib: Served with a bourbon cherry brase and soft polenta.
- 8 oz Hand-Cut Filet Mignon
- 12 oz New York Strip
**Both steaks are served with garlic horseradish mashed potatoes and chef’s local vegetable selection**
- New York Strip Steak Sandwich: Served with choice of side (from lunch menu)
- Braised Short Ribs (from dinner menu)
- Petite Filet Mignon: Served with choice of crust (from dinner menu)