It’s winter in Lake County (although it seems like fall right now) and everyone has been anticipating the $13 million Wilmot Mountain renovations.
Ladies and gentlemen, the Wilmot Mountain renovations are complete as they’ve opened the 2016-17 season with an expansion and facelift. Grab your skis (or snowboards and tubes), goggles and bomber hats folks because it’s time to hit the slopes!
Wilmot is nestled perfectly on the border of Wisconsin and Lake County, Illinois for winter enthusiasts to zip down at swift speeds. The Wisconsin winter destination is equipped with 120 skiable acres, 23 trails, seven lifts, two surface conveyor lifts and progression terrain parks with a double high speed rope tow and 22 lanes for tubers.
The Wilmot Mountain renovations were given a little help from new friends as they became part of the Vail Resorts family. The Colorado-based mountain resort company owns 11 premier resorts in Colorado, California, Nevada, Utah, Minnesota, Michigan and now Illinois.
Let’s see the extent of the new and improved Wilmot Renovations.
Unveiling the Wilmot Mountain Renovations
The Wisconsin slope establishment open their doors for the season in mid-December and they will stay open throughout winter all the way up until April 30. Here are some of the Wilmot Mountain renovations that they cannot wait to show you
- 45 percent increase in lift capacity including three new quad lifts and renovation of existing lifts.
- Expanded top-to-bottom terrain park including addition of high-speed rope tow and 40+ features designed and built by terrain park experts from Park City & Keystone.
- Overhaul and expansion of snowmaking system with more than five miles of new pipe, 56 new snow guns and a pump station increasing efficiency/output by 30 percent.
- New exterior ticket windows and online purchasing gets you to the mountain faster.
- Walt’s Tavern, formerly the Iron Kettle, reopens as a sit down, full service restaurant/bar featuring American contemporary cuisine, wine, specialty cocktails and craft beer.
- 4,000 square foot dedicated Children’s Learning Center and Ski School with separate drop off area elevates the beginner experience. Area features two new conveyor lifts and regraded beginner area.
- The Main Lodge Transformation incorporates a new open concept that more than doubles seating capacity, flow of traffic and overall elevates guest experience.
- Ski Hill Grill is an all new and expanded quick serve food area allowing you to grab and go faster and more efficiently. New menu includes various terms such as Chicago-style hot dogs, epic burgers delicious soup and Wisconsin cheese curds.
February 4: Papa Cool Band live performance.
February 11: Steve & Steve live performance/Ladies Shred Day.
February 17: Terrain Park Slopestyle Competition.
February 18: Kai Andersen and the Pick Ups live performance.
February 24-25: Third Annual Midwest Mogul Mash.
For more information about the Wilmot Mountain Renovations and events, continue here.