Fall is in the air and they is plenty of family fun activities happening around Lake County this weekend. Here are some of my favorites for this weekend. It looks like it will be a busy weekend for my family.
1. Experience an evening of art, music, theatre, film and dance at Waukegan’s monthly ArtWauk event. ArtWauk will take place this Saturday, September 15 from 5pm – 10pm in downtown Waukegan. Bring a friend or spouse and stroll Genesee St. visiting the art galleries, grab a bite to eat, or listen to the music and enjoy the live entertainment. Then hang around from the after party.
2. Stop by the Deer Park Town Center this Saturday and Sunday, September 15-16 for their inaugural ARTumn Harvest Art Festival. Enjoy handmade treasures and fine art from local artisans. Also, don’t miss the interactive kids art area and live entertainment.
3. Hang out in downtown Grayslake for a day of live music, food, beverages and more at the Grayslake Downtown Rib Throwdown this Sunday from 11am – 5pm at Center Street between Slusser Street & Whitney Street. There will be plenty of ribs for the whole family, plus mom and dad can enjoy beverages supplied by The Vine – Martini & Wine Bar.
4. Celebrate Mexican & Central American Independence at Fiestas Patrias at Greenbelt Cultural Center in North Chicago this Sunday, September 16 from 1pm – 7pm. There will be live music and food from Mexico, Belize and Guatemala for your tasting pleasure. You won’t want to miss the dance performances, karaoke contests and children’s activities including nature exploration, face painting and games.
5. Bring the family out and enjoy the Highwood Last Call Art Fair this Saturday and Sunday from 10am – 5pm at Sheridan Road between Highwood Avenue and Webster. This festival gives art lovers the opportunity to view extraordinary pieces of all kinds of artwork. There will be free hands on art projects for children and a scavenger hunt through the festival. The fair is located downtown near all the great restaurants.
I hope to see everyone out and enjoying this great fall weekend in Lake County. A weekend full of family fun adventure can be found on VisitLakeCounty.org.
What a event will you be taking your family to this weekend? Is there an event happening that you are attending that is not on my top five list?