Sometimes you can’t make that big trip to Europe, that safari excursion in Africa, or that relaxing beach setting in Southeast Asia, Central America and/or the Caribbean Islands.
However with Lake County Restaurant Week rapidly approaching, you can have the next best thing from the comfort of an Illinois eatery.
Lake County Restaurant Week is March 2-11 and features over 40 restaurants for 10 days to savor highlighted by prix-fixe menus and dinner deals for attendees to devour delicious fare around Lake County.
Who says you can’t stay Lake County local to eat traditional, rustic, ethnic and divine bites like a seasoned traveler abroad.
Here is a list of Lake County Restaurant Week participants that provide international fare (plus a few feature dishes to help you make your decision).
- General Tso’s Chicken
- Classic Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Teriyaki Shrimp Fried Rice
- Tofu Pad Thai
- Beef & Broccoli
- Shanghai Beef Asian Tacos
- Bruschetta (tomato, garlic, basil, fresh mozzarella)
- House Lasagna (baked with ricotta and beef, topped with marinara and mozzarella).
- Tortellini Carbonara (bacon, mushrooms, green peas and cream sauce).
- Chicken Vesuvio (chicken breast, oregano white whine sauce, sweet peas and roasted potatoes)
- Grandma’s Tiramisu (hazelnut espresso dipped lady fingers, whipped mascarpone, chocolate sauce)
- Cannoli (chocolate chip cannoli filling, pistachios, raspberry sauce)
Fox Lake, Mexico
- Steak Tacos (Carne asada and queso)
- Bistec Ranchero Suizo
- Burrito Pica Pica
- Chiles en Nogada
- Carne Asada
- Guilotas en Salsa Verde
- Cabrito Estilo Monterrey
- Fish ‘N’ Chips
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Grilled Polenta
- Wild Boar Meatloaf
- Quinoa Bowl
Tequila orange wild salmon (Fresh wild salmon glazed in tequila, orange juice, garlic & brown sugar served with jasmine rice & sauteed vegetables in organic olive oil).
Apple brandy braised pork shanks (Six hour braised bone-in pork shanks drizzled with our apple cranberry brandy reduction balsamic drizzled Brussels sprouts).
Whiskey shrimp (Four fresh jumbo shrimp flamed in our signature Jack Daniels tarragon cream sauce served with garlic toast points).
- Pappardelle, Sal’s bolognese, herbs parmesan.
- Fettuccine con Pollo (fettuccine with chicken, pecorino sauce and sun-dried tomatoes
- Brazino Della Casa (wild seabass, lemon, brown butter, capers and baby spinach)
- Chicken Parmesan (breaded chicken, tomato sauce fontina parmesan and fresh basil
Lake Forest, Italy
- Ravioli Ai Spinaci
- Liguine Mare e Monti
- Salmone Acqua Pazza
- Pollo Arrosto alla Romano
- Amatriciana Pasta
- Shrimp Fettuccine Primavera
- Grilled Atlantic Salmon
- Vegetable Risotto
- Beef Bourguignon
Lake Zurich, Italy
- Aragosta Martini
- Tonno Bolognaise Arancini
- Calamari Ripleni Alla Griglia
- Spigola Cilena e Asparagi
- Bucatini Puttanesca
- Trio di Mini Insalate
- Bul Go Gi
- Green Dragon
- Fire Cracker Shrimp