Summertime is on the horizon!
Lake County is lucky to be the home of over 200 lakes and miles of Lake Michigan shoreline, and that means that we have all kinds of beaches! Looking for an adventure on Lake Michigan? Try Illinois Beach State Park in Zion. Are you searching for a little bit more of a relaxed experience for the little guppies? Lake Zurich’s Paulus Park beach has lifeguards and a water playground!
Insider Tip! Check the Lake County Beach Advisory page HERE for daily updates on inland and Lake Michigan beaches. Grab your towels, pull out your aqua toys, apply the sunscreen, find a good spot in the sand, kick back and relax, because life’s a beach sometimes. Here is your guide to Lake County beaches.
- 55 Boat Slips are available.
- Located on the Channel Lake of the Chain O’ Lakes.
- Must order from the restaurant to gain beach access.
- Restaurant & concessions.
- Marine service, Boat launch and repair.
- Fishing is available.
- Largest picnic grove combined with beach area on the Chain O’ Lakes.
- Beach and picnic area are only available to marina members without Thirsty Turtle Brew & View access.
42273 N. Woodbine Ave., Antioch.
- Ample parking and bathrooms with showers.
- NO on-duty lifeguards.
- Park Hours: Sunrise to 8 pm. Open Memorial day-Labor Day.
- Free admission.
- North Point Marina is located five miles north of Illinois Beach. The full-service, boat center and food concession marina offers 1,500 boating slips.
- Fishing is allowed on the beach area.
- Groups of 25 are required to register in advance with the site office.
- One adult must accompany each group of 15 minors.
- Pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash.
Park Office-Lakefront, Zion.
“All water has a perfect memory and is forever trying to get back to where it was.” – Toni Morrison . . – Independence Grove Forest Preserve – Libertyville, IL – April 24, 2018 . . #LetsGoLakeCounty #LakeCountyForestPreserve #illinoisphotographer #forestpreserve #lakephotography #illinoisforestpreserve #naturephotography #kenoshaphotographer #teamcanon #ourcolourdays #midwestsnaps #discoverillinois #igersillinois #discovermidwest #visitillinois #gameoftones #MidwestToday #madisonphotographymeetup #midwestgrammers #onlyinillinois #illinois_shots #igersmidwest #midwestlife #LakeMichigan #NaturalIllinois #dprtrailshots
- Open daily 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.: June 3–Aug 9 (Beach is subject to unscheduled closings due to weather and conditions).
- Open weekends only: Aug 10– Sept. 2 (including Labor Day).
- Daily Fee: Residents $4, non-residents $7.
- Children ages 2 & under are free.
- Discounted twilight admission begins at 3 p.m.; Residents -$4, non-residents – $7.
- Annual Pass: One person $49, two people $75, three people $105, four people $129, five or more $150 (all users must reside in same Lake County household).
- 20-Punch Card: Save 20 percent off beach admission. Purchase a punch card at the beach house or Independence Grove Visitors Center. The punch card is valid for two seasons; Residents $64, non-residents $112.
- Parking is free for Lake County residents and $5 for non-residents Monday-Thursday. $10 parking on weekends and holidays.
16400 W. Buckley Rd., Libertyville.
- Regular summer hours from June 8-August 11; 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Post Season Weekday Hours: August 12-16, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Post Season Weekend Hours: August 17, 18, 24, 25; August 31-September 2, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Admissions is $5-$9 per visit. Beach pass per person is $40 for residents, $65 for nonresidents. Families up to 7 beach pass is $75 for residents and $125 for nonresidents.
- The park provides a sprayground water play area, volleyball court, picnic tables, shelters, grills, playground, horseshoes, swimming and nature area.
- Beaches are open weather permitting.
200 S. Rand Rd., Lake Zurich.
- Daily passes: Residents $4, non-residents $8.
- Season passes: Resident individual $24, resident family (Max 5) $60, non-resident individual $48; non-resident family (max 5) $120.
- Open June 10-August 23 daily.
- Postseason: Open August 24-September 2; open on weekends only.
- Lifeguards on duty 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Open sunrise to sunset – swim at your own risk when no lifeguard on duty.
49 Oxford Dr., Lincolnshire.
- Open daily through-Mid August.
- Weekends open till Sept 2.
- Hours each day are 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Memberships: Family membership $185, individual membership $115, senior membership $90, 10 visits for $100 (refill for $50) and fishing pass $65 plus membership.
- Swimming lessons are offered.
- Fishing allowed from the shore or by boat. Fish species include crappie, bass, bluegill, walleye, catfish and northern pike. Lake Minear is a catch and release lake.
- Lake Minear offers volleyball, full-service concessions, free WI-FI, fishing, swimming lessons and party rentals.
600 W. Oak Spring Rd., Libertyville.
- Daily Passes: Weekdays $4, weekends & holidays $5, twilight $2 and kids ages 3 and under receive free admission.
- Seniors pay $2 weekdays, $3 on weekends and $1 for twilight.
- Open Monday-Friday, June 1-August 4; Weekdays 11 a.m.-6 p.m., weekends 10 a.m-8 p.m. and holidays noon-6 p.m.
- Diamond Lake Beach offers a playground, picnic tables, volleyball nets, changing room, lawn chairs and grills.
- Paddleboats, kayaks and stand-up paddleboards are available to rent between $3-$5 per hour.
- Concessions are available, and outside food is permitted.
1016 Diamond Lake Rd., Mundelein.
View this post on Instagram
- Open Memorial Day-Labor Day; Weekday hours 8 a.m.-7:30 p.m. (until August 23), weekend hours 7 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Daily passes: $4 per person (Under 3 free), $8 on weekdays and $10 per person on holiday weekends.
- Row boats, paddleboats and paddleboards are available for rent; $5-$10 per hour or double kayak/rowboat rental at $15 per day.
- Mini golf: $3 per round.
- Campground offers playgrounds, free parking, picnic tables, grills, basketball hoops (near the beach) and a volleyball net.
- Catch & keep fishing. Limits include three bass per day (under 14 in, release bass over 14 in), three catfish per day, five bluegills per day, five crappies per day, five yellow perch per day and unlimited carp. Fishing admission between $6-$10.
32223 N. US Highway 12, Volo.
- The beach is open year-round; 6 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Free Entry.
- $10 parking on the weekends and holidays for vehicles without a Waukegan city sticker
- The beach features one mile of sand that is groomed daily along with some of the only natural dunes in the area.
- Recreational activities include swimming, sunbathing, picnicking and sand volleyball.
- No lifeguards on duty at this facility.
- The marina offers 1,000 slips for the recreational fisher, competitive boat racer, beginning kiteboarder and everyone in between.
- Waukegan band performs in their summer concert series every Tuesday over the summer at the Stiner Pavilion.
201 Sea Horse Dr., Waukegan.
- Open May 25-September 2; 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Free for residents and guests; $10 for non-residents.
- The beach features a natural cove, concessions, restrooms and more.
- Recreational activities include swimming and stand up paddleboarding.
- After school, early childhood and public programs available at various times.
- Free parking for residents; $15 hourly/$40 4-hour parking for non-residents.
- Picnic rentals available
883 Sheridan Rd., Highland Park
To learn more about Lake County beaches, continue here.