A lot going on this weekend. Last weekend, besides the untimely death of Prince (I seriously have been playing Prince mixes all day at work), Beyonce came out with a must see video.
As for this weekend, the Chicago Bears are on the clock at no. 11 as the city of Chicago hosts the NFL Draft. But enough about Chicago, Let’s see all the things to do this weekend in Lake County April 29-May 1.
Let’s hope the weather get’s Springy sometime in the near future!
- Six Flags Great America is back open again for business. But besides the thrills and chills you receive during the day on the coasters, the Gurnee amusement park throws other functions. The Blacklight Run
is a unique night 5K fun run focused less on the speed and more on UV neon glowing fun with the friends and family. All ages and speeds are welcome as every participant will get ‘Glowed,’ and have the time of their life.
Friday, April 29; 5:15 p.m. check-in, 8:15 p.m. race. General Admission $50, VIP $65, Girls Night Out Admission $55. Six Flags Great America, I-94 and Grand Avenue, Gurnee.
- ‘Don’t cry for me Argentina.’ With a stellar start to the season at Marriott Theatre, they continue their slew of hot tickets with Evita. Evita is a musical with tunes by the legendary duo of Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Tim Rice. It follows the life of Argentine political voice Eva Peron, who was the second wife of Argentine president Juan. Don’t miss this great performance as the story concentrates on Evita’s upbringing, rise to power, charity work and more. This rock opera won three Tony Awards in 1978 and it a hit at the movies in 1996 starring Madonna. The show runs until June 5.
Friday-Sunday, April 29-May 1. Marriott Theatre, 10 Marriot Dr., Lincolnshire.
- ‘Let’s go fly a kite and send it soaring up through the atmosphere, up where the air is clear.’ Families can watch some gigantic kites being flown or enjoy their own going to, ‘the highest height.’ This free event is open to the public. The first 50 kids will receive a free kite.
Saturday, April 30; 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Park behind the Leisure Center, 2400 Dowie Memorial Dr., Zion.
- An afternoon of sweet and melodic sounds will be blaring from the James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts at College of Lake County as the CLC Spring Wind Ensemble Concert commences. Watch this talented group of individuals, directed by Dr. Michael Flack, perform a variety of musical styles and interesting selections at the final concert of the year. Some of the selections will include an American Overture for Band by Joseph Wilcox Jenkins, Celebrations by John Zdelchlik and countless others.
Sunday, May 1; 4 p.m. General Admission $6, CLC student/Senior Admission $5, Children 18 and under free admission. James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts, 19351 W. Washington St., Grayslake.
- Capture a taste of Egypt in Lake County, as the Gold Pyramid House takes you through their
Sunday tours. The tours are usually 1-2 hours long. Visit King Tuts tomb, tour the inside of the pyramid and discover exciting artifacts in the Wadsworth pyramid’s gift shop. Groups of six or more can call for private tours. The Sunday afternoon tours stretch until Sunday, October 23.
Sunday, May 1; 2 p.m. Adult Admission $15, Child Admission $10. Gold Pyramid House, 37921 Dilleys Rd. Wadsworth.