1. St. Patrick’s Day Weekend at Mickey Finns and Around Lake County. Saturday, March 16 through Sunday, March 17, come out for two full days of Irish food, drink specials and Irish music. Mickey Finn’s Brewery, 412 N. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville. March 16 at noon, a St. Patrick’s Day parade will start at Palombi School on McKinley Ave and end at the Lake Villa train station. Downtown Lake Villa. St. Patrick’s Day celebrations will also be held at KeyLime Cove, Timothy O’Toole’s Pub, Bonnie Brook Golf Club and the Port of Blarney!
2. ArtWauk. 5 to 10 p.m. Saturday, March 16. Come out for an evening of art, live entertainment and more. Take a stroll down Genesee Street and visit the art galleries, featuring the second anniversaries of Dinosaur Studio and Dandelion Gallery. Downtown Waukegan.
3. 14th Annual Spring Ice Show. At 1 p.m. & 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 16, ice skaters of all ages and levels perform to favorite Broadway Hits. The ice arena will be transformed into a visually stunning setting with professional lighting, sound and costumes. Tickets are $8 at the door. Rink Side Family Entertainment Center, 6152 W. Grand Ave., Gurnee.
4. Great Lakes Naval Station Lecture. From 2 to 4:30 p.m., Sunday, March 17, come out to learn about the 100 year history of the Naval Station Great Lakes. Therese Gonzalez, Great Lakes Naval Station Museum Specialist, will teach guests about the important role that the Great Lakes have played in 20th Century American history. Members – $5 and Non-Members – $10. Please call 847-362-3042 to register. Cuneo Mansion and Gardens, 1350 N. Milwaukee Ave., Vernon Hills.
5. Libertyville Fine Arts Month 2013. All month long, Libertyville will be celebrating fine arts with exhibits at the David Adler Music and Arts Center, Civic Centre, Studio West and throughout the downtown Libertyville store windows. Downtown Libertyville.
A weekend full of family fun adventure can be found on VisitLakeCounty.org.
Here is a video from last St. Patrick’s Day when the City of Waukegan dyed their river green.