- Spend Saturday at Central Park in Grayslake for the Grayslake Family Picnic Day & Fireworks. From 3-10pm come enjoy the “Taste of Grayslake” along with a live musical performance. There will be a moonwalk, carnival rides, face painting, an obstacle course, climbing wall and much more – plenty of fun activities to keep everyone happy. Fireworks at dusk.
- Enjoy world-class art at the 15th Annual Lincolnshire Art Festival on Saturday and Sunday from 10am – 5pm at The Village Green. Festival-goers will have the opportunity to see the artists at work with interactive art demos and booth chats. There will also be activities for kids, including an art scavenger hunt, making this festival a perfect family experience.
- Swing by the Mundelein Community Days event in Downtown Mundelein, happening all weekend. This family event will include a carnival, the Mundelein Munch, games, contests, live musical entertainment, arts and crafts, a pet parade, bingo, a car show and much more. The parade will be held on July 1st at 2pm down Hawley Street from Village Hall to the High School.
- Stop by the Jelly Belly Visitors Center this weekend for their Summer Fest. The event will include carnival rides, a magician, balloon art and face painting for the kids. Step inside for a factory tour and great deals on Belly Flops. The Visitors Center will have extended hours all weekend.
- Make your plans to celebrate the 4th of July at Naval Great Lakes. The 2-day festival kicks off on July 3 from 3-11:30pm and from Noon – 10pm on July 4th. This is the only time that civilians are allowed on base. There will be music, food, bingo, rides, games and more, including a spectacular fireworks display on both days.
A weekend full of family fun adventure and 4th of July celebrations can be found on VisitLakeCounty.org.