- Come out and enjoy an evening of arts, music, theatre, film and dance at the City of Waukegan’s monthly ArtWauk event on Saturday from 5 – 10 P.M. Take a stroll down Genesee St. and visit the art galleries, grab a bite to eat, listen to music and experience the live entertainment. Stick around for the after parties.
- Stop by the Chicago Botanic Garden on Saturday and Sunday 10 A.M. – 3 P.M. and receive expert tips at their Bloomin’ Festival. The Midwest’s premier plant sale offers more than 25,000 annuals, ferns, fruit and vegetable plants, geraniums and much more. There will also be baked goods, fresh honey, pottery and an array of booths set up. Remember to bring the garden tools to have them sharpened on site.
- Board the Lambs Farm train and then enjoy the Valley Model Railroads’ display. Kids will be able to operate traffic controls on model trains. Some of the trains have sound, steam engines, and even smoke. There will be many train related crafts and much more. Saturday and Sunday 11 A.M. – 4 P.M.
- Come out and join the fun in the 7th Annual Fox Lake Fishing Derby on Sunday from 7 A.M. – 2 P.M. at Port of Blarney. The derby covers the entire Chain O’ Lakes and is open to everyone 16 years and older. Bring your fishing gear and enjoy a beautiful day on the Chain O’ Lakes.
- The Barrington Cultural Arts Center presents Art in the Park, Journey into the Arts. Attendees will travel through a maze of artwork and feel inspired and motivated while viewing each piece of art and talking to the artists. The event is free so come and enjoy a day in the park. Sunday 10 A.M. – 5 P.M.
For more information on things to do, view VisitLakeCounty.org